June 2013 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday

• Options
    @kames12 Oh and we will! Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My UO is inspired by the spam thread. I don't let my kids watch any of the shows on Sprout thanks to Nina and star. The way she worded something one time ages ago rubbed me the wrong way.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Exactly @Bleachy14‌ ! There hasn't been one piece of paper distributed or any merchandise manufactured, no overhead for the organization, etc. Just say you aren't doing it, don't try and justify not doing it because of a cause you know nothing about. (Or better yet make some lifestyle changes if this spurred you into water awareness, which I'm doubting is the case!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    On the subject of brochures being bad for the environment I'll leave you this (courtesy of my co-workers e-mail signature).

It's OK to print. Paper is a biodegradable, renewable, and sustainable product made from trees. Growing and harvesting trees provides jobs for millions of people here in Canada and throughout North America. Working forests are good for the environment and provide clean air, clean water and wildlife habitat. Please remember to recycle.

• Options
    majwv8 said:
    GraceInCA said:
    Speaking of water, my UO is that buying bottled water for home use is selfish and wasteful. I wish Americans would kick the bottled water habit.
    yes! huge pet peeve of mine. We have the water filter station and these reusable bottles that we use at home and I love them. 

This is great. We have a Pur filter in our fridge, and have immediate access to good water on tap.

• Options
    While in many religions it is bad for both men and women, the onus is put on women to enforce it and female "purity" is far more emphasized than male purity. Even in Catholicism (raised catholic) although it is definitely not a gender specific rule, I got more of an earful about it at my all girls catholic school than my male friends at the all boy schools. I think it is even more lopsided for the fundies and other Christian religions- I mean those purity balls where the dad gives the tween girl a ring and pledges to stay a virgin? Weird. And if it were equal we'd be hearing about (equally weird) mother son dances.

• Options
    @Bleachy14‌ DH gets so defensive too! He's like, "he can't help it! It's not sexual!" Well duh, I know, but this weird little erect penis is making it hard for me to get a diaper on. You'd think by my second boy I'd be more comfortable with them but nope, still a little weird to see a baby boner. It never happened babysitting so I never knew!

• Options
    @NaChelleBeck‌ it was back about 5 years ago so not sure if they still play the episode. But it was on the one where the word of the day was Spanish. She taught it and then afterwards said that everyone should learn Spanish that way we can talk to our neighbors. I'm all for learning a second language and what, but the way she said it/worded it made me stabby.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @sympkin Where I work there are no toner cartridges (OK, in the office there are). Just huge vats of vegetable based inks. I agree that paper is freaking heavy and the shipping costs are crazy. Does that fact that most of it ships by rail make it any better? ;)

• Options
    o and everything @sympkin said :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"