1st Trimester
Options

So confused

I had a miscarriage on August 1. I was eight weeks and started spotting on that Friday. Had an ultrasound that day and tech saw just a gestational sac. That weekend I bled all weekend and some rather large clots. I went to the doc the next tues for an ultrasound and the sac was gone. Doc informed me I miscarried naturally and we were to track my hcg levels to zero.

August 8th my levels were 1300. My results from yesterday were 3,300! Doc said that's a huge increase for three weeks later and scheduled an ultrasound for Friday.

I had bled for two weeks so I hadn't been intimate with my husband until last weekend.

Any ideas what could be going on? Doc said it would be strange to be ectopic since they saw the sac in the uterus...

Any insights would be helpful. I have had three weeks of mourning to be thrown for a loop. I don't know how much more I can take. Thank you

Answers

• Options
    Could it have possibly been twins and you lost one? Or there was an error and the sac was there just not visualized. Plus, unless you were temping, you could have ovulated later than average and/or implanted late so you were only 5 or 6 weeks at the time of the first scan. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get some answers soon. I'm sorry you're going through this!
  • Options
    Any update?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Got an ultrasound and a gestational sac was found. Doc called and said she thinks it's just left over tissue? How can a sac be there and not be there and then be there again and be left over tissue. I guess it most likely is and it's still producing hcg.

I am to do blood work again Monday and if hcg still rises they will do another ultrasound and decide if they need to do a d&c.

I asked if it could be new and she said hcg would have been doubling every two days.

This roller coaster could end now. I thought i was done with it all and it's happening all over again.

Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    SNE2285 said:

Got an ultrasound and a gestational sac was found. Doc called and said she thinks it's just left over tissue? How can a sac be there and not be there and then be there again and be left over tissue. I guess it most likely is and it's still producing hcg.

I am to do blood work again Monday and if hcg still rises they will do another ultrasound and decide if they need to do a d&c.

I asked if it could be new and she said hcg would have been doubling every two days.

This roller coaster could end now. I thought i was done with it all and it's happening all over again.

Thanks for the support.

Im so sorry... I could not imagine :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Update: I am so so upset. Bloodwork showed a very small rise. Still only in mid 3000's. So it's hovering. Doc wants to do ANOTHER beta and ANOTHER ultrasound. Why?! I just want this over.

Nurse is supposed to call me back tomorrow morning first thing. I will demand to speak to a doctor. I have accepted this isn't viable. This will be the fourth disappointing ultrasound for the same pregnancy.

This has been six weeks of a nightmare. It's making me so unhappy, angry and disappointed. I don't know how much more I can take.

It's nice to have an outlet here as I haven't told hardly anyone.
  • Options

Well there has to be some reason your doctor keeps ordering tests?  Is there any way this could still be a viable pregnancy?  I don't know enough about it but would your HCG levels still be rising if it's a M/C?

Wishing you good luck and sending good thoughts your way.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"