High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Sad (and intro).

mamachelseamamachelsea member
edited August 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Hi all! I'm a FTM who is 32w 3d along with a baby boy :) All has been good until about 3 weeks ago when I had a bp spike combined with a lab that showed elevated liver enzymes. I was put on Labetalol to control the bp and told I needed to do twice a week NST's to monitor me and babe. Modified bedrest too. Okay I thought, we can do this. Wellll all has been okay since that appt 3 weeks ago but my routine NST yesterday included lab work. Liver enzymes spiked and they kept me overnight to do a 24 hour urine test.

I guess this post is just to say I'm sad. I have been so healthy and active and I feel a little like I'm failing. Is my body not cut out for this? Why me?

Anyway I'm sure these are normal feelings. Just wanted to share.

Re: Sad (and intro).

• Options

Sending good thoughts your way.  It royally sucks when our bodies don't want to cooperate fully.  I try really hard not to beat myself up every time I have blood sugar outside of my target range but it can be hard.

Just remember that this isn't your fault and probably being healthy and active has helped keep things in check up until now.  Just work on taking care of yourself and LO right now. 

If you ever need a cheerleader I'm more than happy to help :)

• Options
    I appreciate that, as I spend my 2nd night in the hospital for monitoring! Thank you for the encouragement!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"