3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring 34 wks at 37 wks - XP BMB

I know they are notorious for being inaccurate this late in the game, but my 37 week US only had her measuring about 5 1/2lbs, or closer to 34 weeks. DS measured a little big the whole time and this DD was measuring a couple days ahead at my 22 week US.

Anyone have uplifting info on small US measurements and baby coming out bigger than expected? Also, info on a high protein diet to help baby pack on some weight at the end?

Re: Measuring 34 wks at 37 wks - XP BMB

• Options
    No real personal experience here, but I have a friend whose baby they estimated to be 7-8 pounds and baby ended up weighing nearly 11 pounds.
    ----

• Options
    I started measuring smaller around that time with DS. They did an ultrasound, he had dropped down and that's why I was measuring smaller.

They also estimated that his birth weight would be about 6 pounds (based on the ultrasound) . He came out 7 lbs 15 oz.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, they can be off on their measurements by a pound or two. Ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate for that. 

Although they estimated DD2 to be 8lbs at my 41week ultrasound (which was to check on cord function and baby), and she was 8lbs on the nose at birth.  I must have gotten lucky. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't put a lot of weight on the accuracy of an ultrasound measurement. They are a guess at best and can go a pound or so in either direction. This is the jist of what we told you on the BMB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"