January 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Date night outerwear?

I'm finally getting a date night! YAY! Its been 6 months and 3 weeks (on Friday) since DH and I have had more than 30 minutes alone together, so I'm really, really looking forward to it. We are planning on going out to eat and then for drinks afterwards, so I am planning on wearing a plain black dress with black tights under. The problem is: I have no idea what to wear for a jacket. It's not really cold enough for my black wool jacket, but the only lightweight outwear I own is a single hoodie from Hollister. It's not exactly "date night" appropriate. 

Being that I'm not really a dress-up kinda person, I'm not really sure what I should even look for when I go out shopping. A jacket? A sweater? A chiffon thing that doesn't really provide any warmth but looks pretty? What kind of fabrics, styles, and colors are good for "dressy" but not really "formal?" Are there any options that look great both with casual wear and with dressier clothes?? 

TIA!
imageimageimage
Tino--Already 4 months old!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Date night outerwear?

• Options
    When I'm wearing a dress, if I need a jacket, I have a long jacket that goes to my knees. It's black and white leopard print. I love it. I also wear it with jeans and boots.
  • Options
    How about a loose cardigan? I have a couple that are flowy/longish without buttons and they work well on dresses. I pull up the sleeves so they are 3/4
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hannahyejee Ohhh, yeah I didn't think of looking for a buttonless cardigan! Thanks for the tip :) 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"