April 2014 Moms
Options

What did you do with your placenta?

2»

Re: What did you do with your placenta?

• Options
    Needed a SS option! I wanted to encapsulate, but because I had pre-eclampsia, it had to be sent to pathology, so it couldn't be done :(. The nurse did bring it for me to see, though, which was sort of cool. 

Thankfully, I didn't get bad depression right afterwards like I'd feared, so I feel okay without having encapsulated. 
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG. Seriously, why would you need that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mine was dried with the umbilical cord wrapped around it in a bow, then put in a shadow box. Which is hung in my foyer.

You joke, but when I got my capsules back, the doula had dried the umbilical cord and wrapped it into a heart. I did not ask or pay for this "bonus." I felt almost bad but... I tossed that shit. What were we supposed to do? Cover it in glitter and hang it on the Christmas tree??
    Yep, I still have the heart shaped umbilical cord in a tiny satin pouch. I stashed it somewhere because I didn't know what to do with it and (at the time) felt guilty for thinking about throwing it out. That thing is headed for trash as soon as I locate it!

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• Options
    Encapsulated but didn't consume. The first week I was worried the extra iron would clog me up more. The second week I got mastitis & your not supposed to take it when sick. Forgot about it after that. No idea what to do with all the pills now.
  • Options

TallaB   omg nightmares now! nightmares!

sorry, placentas make me feel all barfey. I donated mine for stem cells

:)

• Options
    J&NLJ&NL member

Mine was dried with the umbilical cord wrapped around it in a bow, then put in a shadow box. Which is hung in my foyer.

You joke, but when I got my capsules back, the doula had dried the umbilical cord and wrapped it into a heart. I did not ask or pay for this "bonus." I felt almost bad but... I tossed that shit. What were we supposed to do? Cover it in glitter and hang it on the Christmas tree??
    Mine offered the same thing. I laughed. She was serious.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    NoLaLinz said:
    We legit had a patient at my hospital that said she couldn't afford to do encapsulation, so said she was going to take it and make a smoothie out of it. She had meconium. I try to be understanding and respectful of people's requests and wishes... But I cannot get down with a blood/shit smoothie.

NOOOOOOOO

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Encapsulated but didn't consume. The first week I was worried the extra iron would clog me up more. The second week I got mastitis & your not supposed to take it when sick. Forgot about it after that. No idea what to do with all the pills now.

I developed anxiety about a year after kiddo was born that stayed with me in random episodes over the following 2 years. If I end up feeling similar this time, I'll take my placenta pills during those times. They say it improves mood, so whether it's science or placebo effect, I'll be happy if it helps!
  • Options

Take them when you get your period to help restore hormonal imbalance.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options

I developed anxiety about a year after kiddo was born that stayed with me in random episodes over the following 2 years. If I end up feeling similar this time, I'll take my placenta pills during those times. They say it improves mood, so whether it's science or placebo effect, I'll be happy if it helps!
    Did you put them in the freezer? Mine are still in my fridge. I took them till 6 weeks pp. I also have the mini heart wreath... My encapsulator also said if my LO ever had emotional issues, etc I could sprinkle some of the pill in applesauce or pudding and give it to him! ("It WAS his"). She also said that many women save it for menopause.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    They sent mine off to the lab for testing... I had oligohydramnios, so they tested to see if they could find the cause so it doesn't happen with the next baby. Everything looked normal though! I would imagine they got rid of it after that
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"