Trouble TTC
Options

** Baby shower at work - Really not in the mood

We have a "surprise" baby shower at work for a co-worker that im not very fond of. She applied for the position knowing she was pregnant but didn't say anything during the interviews and was willing to commute and do all the things needed for her position. She has to commute about an hour to get to our offices which can be dreadful even if you are not pregnant. She has complained since about the ending of the 1st trimester just about everything you can imagine. Now she is working from home 3 days a week and 2 from our office because she is to tired to drive. I understand that all pregnancies are different and shes only the second one we have had in my office, my boss being the first and she worked until the last minute before going in for her c-section. I guess i am annoyed about all the complaints and pitty party she gives herself because she is pregnant instead of embracing it and being happy about it. I am on my 2WW and really dreading going to this baby shower. I havent told anyone at work about what i have been up to the last few months. How do i pretend to be happy for her during this event when all i want to do is run to the ladies room and cry :-/ ?

Me (29), DH (38)

Oct 2009   - Married
Aug 2011   - Started TTC
Jan 2012   - OB Referred to RE
Feb 2012   - RE Visit #1
Apr 2012   - HSG (Normal), PCOS - DH SA (low count and low motility)  
June 2012   - Provera, Clomid, TI - BFN
July 2012   - IUI #1, Provera, Clomid 50mg, Trigger Injection - BFN
Aug 12 - Feb 14 - Break
Feb 2014   - New OB referred to new RE
Mar 2014   - New RE visit #1
Apr 2014    - TSH  level elevated, need to retest.
May 2014   - TSH retested, higher than 1st test. Start on Synthroid. DH SA (Normal)
June 2014   - Start on DHEA, CO-Q10, New brand of Prenatals
July 2014   - Cycle came on its own, b/w on CD2, TSH (normal), Femara CD3-CD7, CD14 - u/s + Ovidrel + baby aspirin regimen. IUI #1 B2B on CD15/16 - BFN

August 2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s CD12, Ovidrel on CD13. IUI #2 B2B on CD 14/CD15 - BFN.

September  2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s scheduled for CD12

*** September 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Shows ***

Re: ** Baby shower at work - Really not in the mood

• Options
    @bibliothecary it doesnt affect my life completely but when her complaints and all the considerations given to her affect my job then that what bothers me more... i know i need to get over it but its hard.

Me (29), DH (38)

Oct 2009   - Married
    Aug 2011   - Started TTC
    Jan 2012   - OB Referred to RE
    Feb 2012   - RE Visit #1
    Apr 2012   - HSG (Normal), PCOS - DH SA (low count and low motility)  
    June 2012   - Provera, Clomid, TI - BFN
    July 2012   - IUI #1, Provera, Clomid 50mg, Trigger Injection - BFN
    Aug 12 - Feb 14 - Break
    Feb 2014   - New OB referred to new RE
    Mar 2014   - New RE visit #1
    Apr 2014    - TSH  level elevated, need to retest.
    May 2014   - TSH retested, higher than 1st test. Start on Synthroid. DH SA (Normal)
    June 2014   - Start on DHEA, CO-Q10, New brand of Prenatals
    July 2014   - Cycle came on its own, b/w on CD2, TSH (normal), Femara CD3-CD7, CD14 - u/s + Ovidrel + baby aspirin regimen. IUI #1 B2B on CD15/16 - BFN

August 2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s CD12, Ovidrel on CD13. IUI #2 B2B on CD 14/CD15 - BFN.

September  2014 - u/s on CD3 normal, Femara CD3-CD7, u/s scheduled for CD12

*** September 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Shows ***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I skip baby showers right now. I wouldn't feel bad one bit about skipping it. Life's too short do what's good for you. Just MO.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options

I'm so sorry, I hope it's a quick little shower with something delicious to put in your mouth and muffle the totally reasonable snide comments. :) 

My thoughts exactly....couldn't have said it better myself. You can make it! Feel free to come back here and vent about her afterwards.
    :D

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Options

Not a fun day!  I agree with @LSantay that you can excuse yourself to get on with your work instead of having to fake your way through this poor use of company time.  I will never understand why it is considered appropriate to have a baby shower at work.  If people wish to celebrate this, have it outside of work hours so those who choose not to participate can not participate.  It is just awkward, especially if you're not particularly fond of the woman.

I'd just scam a piece of cake (or whatever food they have), take a few mins to offer the polite/obligatory congratulations and go about the normal day.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    TiffW2012TiffW2012 member
    edited August 2014
    I understand it can be difficult to be around pregnant people that you are not fond of.  I agree with PPs that maybe you can show up briefly and then excuse yourself to get back to your work.

However, I don't think it is appropriate for you to judge her for going through the interview process without disclosing that she is pregnant.  Women are not required to make that public to potential employers, and I don't blame her for not disclosing the information in case she was worried about being discriminated against.  Men are free to look for new employment at any time in their life.  Women should be afforded the same.

ETA: forgot a word.
  • Options
    Glad you made it through!  :)

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    It may seem like a b***h move, but I wouldn't go. I understand it's a big deal for her and she is probably loving being in the spotlight, but the truth is that once that baby comes along she isn't even going to remember who was at her work baby shower or not. You need to do what makes you happy and increases your inner peace.

I have to go to my sister's baby shower in a week and a half and I WISH I could avoid it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"