Baby Names
Options

Unique or unfortunate?

What do you think of Reverie for a girl?
I've heard mixed reviews from it being gorgeous to being horrible! What do you think?

Re: Unique or unfortunate?

• Options
    I have a friend who just named her daughter that. Definitely NMS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read that a popular blogger named her daughter that and she had tons of positive feedback. Clearly their style is different from the posters here which is kind of interesting.
  • Options
    I kind of like it - if there is meaning behind it - or is it popular in a culture/language? If there is no good story to go with the name it sounds like a word - not a proper name.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options

It's not good.

If you like unusual virtue typeof names there are tons: Constance, Temperance, Amity, Verity, Trinity and Prudence come to mind.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I think it's a pretty word, but not really a name
  • Options
    It's horrible.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    While unique for sure I would also have to say horrible.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't usually mind names that are words (virtue names, nature names, etc. are all fine with me), but Reverie doesn't sit right with me.  I don't hate it, but I think it's pretty weird.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
  • Options
    moseymamoseyma member
    edited August 2014
    It's a guilty pleasure of mine.  I like a lot of word names, but moreso in theory than practice.  I think it real life it might prove to be problematic.
  • Options
    It isn't my style necessarily, but there are also a lot of popular names on here I absolutely can't stand. To each their own I guess.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't care for it. I'm not a fan of words for names though.
  • Options
    it's bad.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It's NMS, although I like the meaning. Use it for a mn.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This falls in the "trying WAY too hard" category for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    It has a nice sound but I can't imagine it being my name so I'm going to vote bad on it.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    I'm not a huge fan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FN Paulie?
  • Options
    I think it can be thought of as a "pretty" word, if that makes sense, but I do not like it as a name.

Maybe Beverly.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think some names like this it just depends so much on where you live and who you are. Like others said, Rebecca from Girls Gone Child blog named her daughter that and people loved it. But she and her husband are artsy types living in Los Angeles. They have other kids named Boheme, Fable, and Archer. (Archer is the most mainstream.. but it was like 12 years ago when it wasn't). They call Reverie "Rev" and "Revi".

My personal opinion is if you live in a large city with a diverse culture and are seen as the artsy type, it could work beautifully. It also would depend on the last name. But otherwise it could be a lot of name for a child who may just want to fit in. The nickname Revi is easier for introductions though.

look at Girls Gone Child blog and search "baby names for sale" she had a post about names they didn't use and you may find just the perfect one. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In meaning it's kind of like naming your kid Space Cadet.
  • Options
    I like Reverie, I think it is a beautiful name. If you are a horse. As a human name, I don't like it at all. 
  • Options
    I think it's really pretty.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"