May 2012 Moms
Options

Vent: Preschool

Back in February, I signed DS up for 2K preschool two mornings a week starting in September. They FINALLY sent out the calendar and handbook this morning and it says that the two year olds have to be 30 months by September. Obviously DS isn't. I had been told that he just had to be two by the start of school. I emailed the director and apparently this summer they started the DSS certification process (small church school) and the room they use is only okay for 2 1/2 and up. She didn't say why, just that they differentiate. So now two weeks before it starts I find out he can't start until the middle of November. I know in the grand scheme of things a few months isn't a big deal, but now he doesn't get to start with all the other kids and his pregnant mamma has to reschedule a bunch of stuff I scheduled for when he was in school and get my baby projects done some other time. Grrrrrr!

Re: Vent: Preschool

• Options
    Ugh, I'd be frustrated too. Seems like someone should've notified you when they found out about this change. Sorry you're dealing with that!
  • Options
    I'd be so annoyed, I'd probably cause a stink until they let my kid in (or called the cops to remove the crazy lady from their office)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're not thinking about pre.k yet, but this just gave me anxiety. Why are our babies so big already?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My kids don't start pre k until they are eligible for it though the school so 4 by dec 1 of that year. I can't imagine sending my baby yet :/ putting his big brother in this year is making me sad!!!

Op I agree you should have been told long before now!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    Bellelamb - I am doing it because I am a SAHM and he is with me almost all the time. He is also an only child (for several more months). I think he needs more socialization and to learn to listen to people other than me. It is a grand total of six hours per week and I am definitely a nervous wreck about sending him out into the world.
  • Options
    Yeah I sah 5 days a week other than that their with grandma or dad, but we do MOPS and church so they are with other grown ups then. I'm not against sending them now just isn't for us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"