Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Birth

August 17th at 6:15 p.m. I caught my healthy baby girl. 6 lbs 13 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. Super proud of my wife for doing it completely unmedicated. Baby girl was breast feeding within 30 min of being born. She had her first bowel movement before we even had a diaper on her. And her second an hour after I gave her a bath (first bath iv ever given a baby) and then I changed her diaper making it the first diaper iv ever changed in my life. Baby is breast feeding like a champ. The first night she slept 3 hrs then woke up for feeding diaper change. Then slept for four hours and we had to wake her up for a feeding. Full head of hair can't wait to find out what color her eyes are going to be.

Re: Birth

• Options
    Wow, your wife is a champion and it sounds like your baby girl is following in her foot steps. Hopefully this keeps up for you guys.
  • Options
    Congrats on the birth of your daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That's AMAZING and AWESOME!!

An excellent date 8/17!!  Its my baby sister's (38) birthday!

I used to tell the dads in my Newborn Care class to change the first sets of diapers.  A) Its impressive to mom and the nurses cuz you are diving right in.  B) The first few are black, sticky and gross.  Once you get through those, the next ones aren't as bad.  It takes "real food" to get back to full on poop and once you're there, its been 9-11 months. 

Its really a breeze.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"