January 2013 Moms

If you have stayed in a Hotel with LO, come on in.

Okay i have several major concerns, and questions so i am just going to list them, any advice is appreciated.

1. DS screams bloody terror when we try to give him a bath in the hotel tub, it's been 4 days.. Kiddo is RIPE, how do i get him washed?
2. He is eating almost exclusively pouches and junk food right now, and almost always refusing healthier solids, any advice on convincing him to eat more than crackers, cheese, chicken strips, and baked cheddar chips?
3. Not a question, but he opened the door to the room yesterday and made a run for it. I have never been so scared in my life.
4. How in the ever loving hell am i supposed to baby proof a hotel room?! O_O

BONUS! Guess who has to POAS tomorrow?? Ladies.. I am falling apart here.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: If you have stayed in a Hotel with LO, come on in.

• @kittynap - Yep. All the classic symptoms. Nausea, fatigue, sore boobs, even leaking, the headaches, food aversion, major smell aversions, all i want is vegetables, fruit, and cheese.. 

I have the implanon for birth control, so i haven't had a period in more than 6 months. I called my OB and explained the circumstances, and he said to take a test right away, because they just published a study saying that the efficacy of  this implant can degrade after a year if you are above a certain weight. Guess how long i have had it? If i pop up positive i legitimately have no idea how i am going to deal. I have been told that at this juncture if became pregnant they would recommend immediate termination of the pregnancy to protect my life. I thought i had effective birth control. I seriously would rather be coming down with the plague then a pregnancy right now horrible as that sounds. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Jessie333Jessie333 member
    edited August 2014
    1. Does the hotel have a pool?
    2. I agree with @kittynap‌, let him eat what he wants. At least he is eating! And if it makes you feel any better, dd really only wants to eat pouches right now. At least they are getting fruits and veggies that way.
    3. That would freak me out too.
    4. Maybe put a chair or suitcase in front of the door?
    Bonus :are you late and or having pregnancy symptoms? I know in times of stress I've missed a period or two.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the washcloth bath. Yes let him eat junk although its not ideal, at least he is eating. I would be scared with him opening the door, as far as baby proofing I have no idea. And as far as POAS good luck and let us know how that hoes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Use the chain or security bar on your hotel room door to keep him from being able to open it with the handle.

For bathing, can you shower with him? DS loves when we get in with him and a shower is a special treat. Or the pool. Or he can scream for the three minutes it takes to quickly soap him up and rinse him off. Just get everything set up and ready beforehand and plop him in, then give him something he loves immediately after to quiet him down. You're moving to a new house so he will need to get over the fact that he can't bathe in "his" tub anymore.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• 1. DS screams bloody terror when we try to give him a bath in the hotel tub, it's been 4 days.. Kiddo is RIPE, how do i get him washed? I usually just shower with DD when we're in a hotel.
    2. He is eating almost exclusively pouches and junk food right now, and almost always refusing healthier solids, any advice on convincing him to eat more than crackers, cheese, chicken strips, and baked cheddar chips? DD won't eat anything currently. So any advice convincing her to eat food period?
    3. Not a question, but he opened the door to the room yesterday and made a run for it. I have never been so scared in my life. 
    4. How in the ever loving hell am i supposed to baby proof a hotel room?! O_O Are you using a pack n play? We are usually only in the hotel room for sleeping so I've never really bothered! 

GL!

• Bwahaha thank goodness!!! I had one scare two months ago and the relief showed me that I wasn't ready for number two. ;-)

Yay for bathing and it seems like a ton if us have kids that ate barely eating right now so don't feel bad there! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'M NOT PREGNANT!!

The washcloth bath worked like a charm
    I guess i will have to get over his diet for right now, like you said, at least he's eating :/
    We have the door locked, so that works, but he has hit his head on the dresser twice, and face planted into the ottoman because there is so little room :/ Sigh. I hate hotels.

But hey, i'm not KTFU so this morning? Not complaining.
    I was so glad to see your update post...I'm sure you are so very relieved that you are not pregnant. 

I agree with the PP, wash cloth bath, do they have a pool?? Don't be afraid to move furniture around to suit your needs. I always do, even when J isn't with us. Can you do a picnic outside, maybe he'll eat more if you pack it up and go find some green space. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I was going to suggest a picnic as well to possibly help the food situation.  DS's always been a pretty good eater, but when we've been on a picnic or camping, we don't always eat a specific meal, but food (such as cut fruit and veggies, sliced meats and cheeses, yogurt or applesauce, pickles, sauerkraut, and olives) is always available, and DS just has to help himself if it's sitting out, ask, or stands by the cooler/fridge when he's hungry.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Good news on the negative test.  Hopefully you'll be able to hit the road again soon!
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"