1st Trimester
Options

Is Herbalife safe while pregnant?

I am about 6 weeks along and I was considering drinking protein shakes to help with my hunger.

Is Herbalife safe to use while pregnant?

Re: Is Herbalife safe while pregnant?

• Options
    edited August 2014

I am not a doctor. Ask your doctor. But, I would go with a bog ole no for this. Pregnancy and dieting, unless there is a medical need of some sort, do not really go hand in hand. You are supposed to gain weight when pregnant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have been on Herbalife for 2 years (and no, I don't sell it), at first for weight loss, but now just because I like it and it agrees with my stomach (I have a sensitive stomach, and it doesn't like most "real" food).  I asked my doctor and she said as long as I'm getting enough food (which sometimes a shake is the only thing I can force down, I'm very nauseous) then it is fine.  I have increased the amount of healthy meal and protein scopes that I put into my shakes, so when I do have them they are more calories than normal.  And I don't do them as meal replacement anymore, I will have a shake and a bar or crackers.

Overall though, talk to your doctor.

And people should really be informed before they post rude comments.  Herbalife is designed to do whatever you want with your nutrition (weight loss/gain and muscle management/gain), not just weight loss.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:
    I wouldn't take Herbalife ever.  Eat real food.
    LOL.  This. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why not just eat your damn food? FFS people!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am eating realy food...........I was just trying to think of ways to get more protein in.......I would not just be drinking shakes alone.
  • Options

I used to do those "shakes" because a friend talked me into it (I didn't eat breakfast and she told me it would be way healthier) after a couple of weeks I had terrible headaches and terrible nausea, I researched it and found that some of the chemicals and crap they put in it can cause nausea/headaches so I quit.

Now for breakfast (since I can only keep liquids down most of the time) I have greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, almond milk, kale and 1/4 an avocado. I would never waste my money on that stuff again.  

• Options
    maggie515maggie515 member
    edited August 2014
    So, I got hornswaggled into being a distributor for Herbalife, unaware of what they had "signed me up for". It was so not what I thought I was getting- "a good discount". They couldnt answer legitimate health questions I had about the products. Instead they would tell me "who cares, it works!" I had to do my own research and I was glad I did. - just letting you know I have personal experience with them. I am no longer part of that stuff
     I would honestly stay away from them. They base their products off of soy protein, which is not fabulous for you, preggo or not. If you took them you would *probably* be fine, but I would suggest looking into more cost effective proteins instead. Those healthy meal shakes have a high carb to protein ratio and the actual protein is way too expensive for the low amount of protein it has in it.. If you want to drink protein to help your pregnancy for whatever reason you choose, please do so along with real food. Choose a "clean eating" protein or a high quality protein from a good brand. Not Herbalife. I am one of those people who drink protein shakes daily when I am pregnant and when not pregnant, I've done it for years.. but I also love real food and I exercise regularly. Protein helps with blood sugar regulation for everyone and nausea for some women while preggo, it may help you- or it may come out your nose when you barf. everyone is different.
    unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want to buy that overpriced MLM stuff, try looking online at bodybuilding.com or allstarhealth.com for good quality proteins, or your local health food store.
    as for helping with hunger, your body is a human factory, its doing lots of cool things while pregnant, so give it the fuel it needs. eat healthy snacks- almonds, sunflowerseeds, veggies and hummus, cheese- you can have protein shakes too if its what you want to do, just be making healthy food choices along with it. ;)
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know......I just have a lot left when I did order it one time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"