High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Type 1s and healing after birth...

Just wondering if anyone has come across any information about the healing process after birth.  Since we're slow healers anyway, just wondering how T1 affects things!

Re: Type 1s and healing after birth...

• Options
    I didn't have any problem healing after my 2 csections. I think because our control is so good during pregnancy the healing isn't too much different. If you have less than ideal control you may have a harder time healing. But I'm pretty sure control and the healing process go hand in hand. Your doctors will watch it closely at your follow up appointments but I followed a non-diabetic healing schedule both times and the second was even faster than the first! Hopefully it goes as smoothly this time...for both of us!
  • Options
    I didn't have any problem healing after my 2 csections. I think because our control is so good during pregnancy the healing isn't too much different. If you have less than ideal control you may have a harder time healing. But I'm pretty sure control and the healing process go hand in hand. Your doctors will watch it closely at your follow up appointments but I followed a non-diabetic healing schedule both times and the second was even faster than the first! Hopefully it goes as smoothly this time...for both of us!
    Good to know, thanks!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missnacholover I'm so glad you alwasy think to ask these questions before they pop in to my head :)

• Options
    I had a vaginal birth, and didn't have any special post delivery care at all.  Normal heavy bleeding tapered off by 5 weeks PP.  Stitches disolved just fine.  No big deal :)

<3

• Options
    kks4471 said:
    I had a vaginal birth, and didn't have any special post delivery care at all.  Normal heavy bleeding tapered off by 5 weeks PP.  Stitches disolved just fine.  No big deal :)
    Pretty much this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies!  Glad to hear that it's not any different for "normal" mommas.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"