Babies: 9 - 12 Months

She's a Puker..HELP!

My LO will be 1 on the 9th of September. Since she was a baby, we have cuddled her to sleep and she has been a co-sleeping baby.
We have tried a couple of times to get her to sleep in her crib. I would put her in her crib and she would cry for about 10 minutes until she throws up. Once she throws up, she is so anxiety ridden and alert. She also wants to be fed to sleep AGAIN.

Right now, I feed her, lay with her on the bed and pat her butt until she falls asleep. Then, I carry her to her crib. She wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to come back to the bed. She also wakes up 4 or 5 times after that. 

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any suggestions? 

Re: She's a Puker..HELP!

• My LO puked before when we did sleep training about 4 mths ago (she was 6mths) so we stopped and continued to co-sleep until about 2 weeks ago.
    I will feed her and then my husband puts her to bed. He puts her in the crib then he sings to her n rubs her back. As long as he stays until she's sleep she usually doesn't cry. I can also put her to sleep this way now.. I thought it was going to be really hard but it wasn't.

We also put the crib in our room, so it wasn't new room n new bed. Once she's use to her crib more we will move it
    Good luck'
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither of mine have ever cried till they threw up.  But I've faced sleep training issues.  Have you read any books on sleep training?  Did you have a method you were using?  If not I recommend reading Ferber's Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems.  It has a lot of great info on sleep. 

Your LO is waking through the night because she doesn't know how to fall asleep on her own and when she wakes up in her crib she's confused and upset because she doesn't know how she got there.  

Have you tried laying her in her crib and rubbing her back till she's asleep?  And then you can slowly phase out the touching and just stand there until you can phase that out and walk away?
  • Loading the player...
  • I am late to reply.  My middle child was a horrible sleeper and puker.  CIO would not work for him because he would throw up within 5 minutes.  We used a method called the Sleep Lady Shuffle (by Kim West).  You gradually reduce your bedtime interaction with your child over two weeks.
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • We did the No Cry Sleep Solution with DD1 when she was about 15 months old. 

It helped and she's definitely improved from her first year of life, but if she had it her way she'd still be sleeping in our bed. She prefers to be around others and isn't a great sleeper. Nothing will ever change that. The first 18 months of her life would have probably less stressful on me had I just learned to accept her for who she is. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"