December 2013 Moms
Options

Infant Tylenol (Fever and pain) Drops vs Infant Tylenol Cold and Flu drops

Does anyone know what the difference is? They both have the same active ingredient in the same concentration of acetaminophen. I was an idiot and bought the cold and flu ones instead of the regular just fever and pain ones. But I have no clue what the actual difference in them is. Anyone?

Re: Infant Tylenol (Fever and pain) Drops vs Infant Tylenol Cold and Flu drops

• Options
    Read the other ingredients. Sometimes the cold and flu has a cough suppressant or decongestant. I didn't even know they made infant drops of cold and flu..
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd go get the other ones. Like gbq said look at ingredients list. They probably added stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe call your local pharmacy to check? They've been really helpful to me when I've had questions about dosages, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Are you sure they are for Infants on the packaging? I've never seen or heard of anything marked 'Cold & Flu' for infants from Tylenol or any other brand name for Acetaminophen.  Do you have specifically the Tylenol brand? Or are you using it as a generic term for Acetaminophen? (Some people commonly refer to all Acetaminophen as Tylenol, but really are talking about a generic brand - that is why I ask.)

Tylenol has a Children's and a Jr. line of products for older kids that should NOT be used by infants.  Pretty much, under the age of 2 there are no real drugs, outside of homeopathic & perscription that a child should have. So please be sure to check your label.

I WISH there was something more .. my LO is having his first cold now & he is miserable. We've learned with this bug that his tummy doesn't like the Ibuprofen either. He gets quite a tummy ache. :( Hope your little one feels better!

My 2 December boys

• Options
    They are definitely for infants. I've attached pics.
  • Options
    Here are the boxes Sorry some are upside down. Stupid phone
  • Options
    Ya that's what I'm thinking too. They are just trying to market to us parents that are like "I need cold and flu stuff" and really it's just Advil and Tylenol straight up. I just thought it was regular Tylenol and Advil because the ingredients were the same. Sneaky marketers. And yes. In Canada.
  • Options
    Most of the "cold and Flu" or "Tylenol migraine" are the EXACT same as the regular Tylenol. They're just trying to trick you.
  • Options
    ^This. It's a marketing gimmick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ok good. I thought I was missing something and I was looking all over the box thinking I had missed something. But nope. Same active ingredients. I'm just happy I can use it like I use his other Tylenol/Advil. This shit isn't cheap lol
  • Options
    Are we allowed to give Advil yet? Thought that was a no no.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Advil is a go at 6 months
  • Options

Are we allowed to give Advil yet? Thought that was a no no.

Is Advil Ibuprofen? If so, it can be given at 6 months.
  • Options
    Advil is ibuprofen
  • Options
    I was so excited to be able to do Ibuprofen instead of Tylenol because it lasts longer & does so much better on fevers IMO for my boys (& me too). We have learned, though, that Carter cannot do the Ibuprofen - at least not for now. He gets terrible tummy aches. I had to switch over to Tylenol & the tummy issues have gotten better.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Talked to the pharmacist today. She said it's totally a marketing thing! I feel better now forsure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"