High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

ER Visit...Possible TMI

So had a bit of a stressful weekend. Friday morning while at work I went to the bathroom only to be greeted by lots of bright red blood on the toilet paper and in the bowl. Needless to say I went in to a bit of a panic mode.

Called DH to come get me (our house is about 5 minutes from my office) and take me to the ER. I will mention now that I was pretty sure the whole blood thing was the result of hemroids not baby. Still didn't want to take any chances.

Now if you want to see how you get through the ER quickly just say you are four and half months pregnant, type 1 diabetic and bleeding. We got a room in record time. Only issue was that the hospital had a huge staffing shortage going on with their doctors that day. They had one doc on for both the ER and ICU.

It took 2 hours for the doctor to get back to the ER from the ICU thanks to two back to back code blues being called. Those were possibly the most stressful two hours of my life!

Doctor did a full pelvic exam, ultrasound and recital exam. Long story short baby is fine and there is no evidence of what caused the bleeding. Doctor does share my suspicions that I probably have some internal hemroids that were not happy about my bowels deciding to pass a firm bowel movement.

Despite the bill of clean health I'm just now feeling my body letting go of the stress. It's not made for a fun weekend. Which sucks because this was supposed the weekend DH and I had relax.

Hope the rest of you ladies have had a better weekend than mine. :)

Oh! In better news my last a1c just came back. I'm down to 6.7 from my 9.8 from two months ago.

Re: ER Visit...Possible TMI

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"