July 2014 Moms
Options

Lazy nursing day?

So I've noticed that LO has not been nursing as long as normal today. It started last night with her last session being around 12 am. She layed awake in her PNP for a while drifting in and out of sleep and I think she finally fell asleep around 2. She hadn't asked to nurse before falling asleep and I figured she would wake me up after a bit anyway. Well she didn't and we woke up at 7:30. So she went about 7 hours without eating. She didn't wake up desperate or anything. All day she's been asking every 2 hours like normal, but only nursing for little but at a time. I track all her feedings in an app and she's way under her normal quota minutes wise. She's been calm, happy and is currently smiling away. She's had several wet/poopy diapers. Am I just being a paranoid FTM? Are lazy nursing days normal? Is she going to keep me up all night catching up? lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lazy nursing day?

• Options
    How old is she? She might just be getting more efficient at feeding! If she's acting fine and dirty diapers aren't an issue, I wouldn't worry.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, she's 6 weeks now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm jealous. Lo just nursed for so long by the time she finished, had a diaper change and I got rid of her hiccups she was hungry again. She is almost 7 weeks. I wish she would get more efficient at nursing!
  • Options
    My LO started doing something similar last week. She cut about an hour to hour and a half off of how long it takes her to nurse. It made me super nervous, but so far she still has 8-10 diapers a day, so I assume she is just becoming more efficient. I don't get 7 hour stretches, though! I'm jealous of that! :)
  • Options
    She might just be getting more efficient. My LO use to go 20-30 min now I'm lucky if he goes 10-15! But I know he's getting plenty and gaining on track.
  • Options
    My LO is also 6 weeks and has been sleeping until 7ish in the morning after a midnight feeding. She is eating every 2-3 hours and has dirty and wet diapers so I'm not worried. DS started STN at about 6 weeks too.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"