Babies on the Brain
Options

Is this all my "period" will do this month, or am I pregnant?

Hi all,
I had the first day of my last period on July 5th 2014, and today is August 16th 2014, so I would be 6 weeks pregnant, if I am. I was about 2 weeks late for my period until yesterday morning when I thought I started my period. I was so sure I was pregnant, given I have a 3 year old daughter, and I felt mostly the same symptoms. Hips spreading, causing constant back pain, nausea walking by the coffee at the store, tired and sweaty, huffing and puffing everywhere at work, people telling me something about me is different and I look pretty, and I was very sure when the food I used to love suddenly tasted greasy and heavy. I was turned off from my usual Goody's powder and Red Bull, no interest in smoking or drinking anymore. I keep waking up on fire in the middle of the night at the same time too, and usually I'm whining that the air is too cold. I took a pregnancy test with the lowest possible sensitivity on August 6th, then another on the 13th. Both negative. But I had been donating plasma twice a week for months, and it took a while for me to come up positive with my daughter. I knew I was pregnant then too, and my husband didn't believe me bc of the negative results. I didn't even get morning sickness until I was established pregnant and 5 months along.
So I woke up yesterday morning on the 15th, and I got my period :( I cried for the last 24 hours. But then today, my "period" is light and brown. Two tampons, and they weren't soaked with heavy red blood and clots like they normally are. Usually my periods are a doozy, yuck yuck yuck. So this time around, its light, brown or pink mixed in, and minimal clots. A few minutes ago when I urinated with the tampon freshly removed, I didn't make the toilet bowl blood red like I usually do. And when I was pregnant with my daughter in my first trimester, around the time my period was due, I semi-filled the toilet bowl with the same blood that I am having now. It scared me because I was established pregnant and didn't want to lose her! Came to find out it was leftover blood where my body was trying to make a period, and was no big deal and didn't happen again. My mom said she got her "period" the whole time she was pregnant with me. So the question is, do you guys think I may be pregnant and im not getting positive results bc of the combination of donating plasma twice a week (I've stopped that of course) and just being one of those women that takes forever to build up enough HcG for a positive result? I couldn't get a transvag ultrasound because my daughter is rambunctious and my husband is out of town. I'm going to a clinic in a couple of days while she is at daycare to find out for sure... help??? it broke my heart to get my period, and my husband's too. But here two days into it, it's more like decidual bleeding, and now I am hopeful again because I still have all the symptoms.... any advice beyond "go see a doc" is greatly appreciated, because I'm definitely doing that in two days.
Thanks so much!
Hoping and praying I'm pregnant AND healthy
-----IT'S LIKE RIDING A BIKE!-----

Re: Is this all my "period" will do this month, or am I pregnant?

• Options
    I used a tampon bc I didn't have any pads at the time, also I was sad to see any blood period, no pun intended. So pretty much one day into the "period", it was already over. Regarding TTC, we weren't planning dates out, but we just decided to make a baby at the last moment of loving. We did plan our first child though, and this time around we knew by vaginal discharge that it was the optimal time to TTC. No protection bc hormonal BC is off limits after using it twice and having health problems, and at the same time, we're just seeing if we get lucky and if its meant to be. Not temping, but when I suspected pregnancy, I noticed my temp is slighter higher than normal and im not sick. Sorry it's so long, usually ppl complain about not having enough info.
    -----IT'S LIKE RIDING A BIKE!-----
  • Options
    You decided at the last minute while having sex one time (!!!) that you'd 'make a baby'...and you are so disappointed that you needed to type up this insanely long post to ask internet strangers if you're pregnant even though your tests say no AND you got your period?

You weren't even TRYING to get pregnant, and now you're disappointed because you're not. So sorry that you didn't happen to fluke an accidental pregnancy (note: sarcasm).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It as the unicorn glitter love guise.
  • Options
    I'm just lurking...

... but I have to admit I did giggle reading certain parts & responses ;))

imageimage
    Me: 28 // DH: 26
    Paratubal Cyst & Endo (Removed 5/2014) // No Known Issues - Perfect SA 
    3 years ~ Trying for #1
    Proud parents of 2 fur-babies: Taylor (Boxer) & Clyde (Pitbull)

TTGP: September Siggy Challenge ~ Teen Crush : Mark Wahlberg
    "Even miracles take a little time" 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOL! This is fucked up.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lurking, but holy text. And yeah, the filling of the toilet bowl and hips spreading and last minute of loving totally got me. Thanks for the laugh OP.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    Way too many visuals. Bad, bad visuals. Shudder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"