November 2014 Moms
Options

WTF BRU???

NunyaBennisNunyaBennis member
edited August 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Background: there is some family drama going down. I googled the party in question to see what had been mentioned in the news, and a not-so-great picture came up linked to Twitter. Well, some of you know how anti-FB I am, so it made me curious if my name was tagged to any pics of me floating around out there... So I googled me. First page? Our fkn full names, location, baby registry, and due date! The website? THE BUMP.
I have not connected my real name with TB at all, in any way. My registration & profile contains zero personal information (no name or location, fake email... I mean, you see my SN, right?), and I didn't register through TB's registry service. Apparently BRU did that for me!
Sorry to spout off on a separate thread, but I wanted you all to be aware that it doesn't really matter if you choose to opt out of information sharing or not.
They will share. A lot.

(edit to fix auto-not-correct)

Re: WTF BRU???

• Options
    Yeah, BRU is really a pain in the ass for that. DH registered us there and it didn't have the option to opt out of your registry being listed on TB. I had to call BRU like 3-4 times in order to sever the link between the 2.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow.... That's crazy

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    BBB too. I just emailed them saying i want it unlinked

ETA. I emailed the bump
  • Options
    It took us a long time to get them deleted. Our target one was linked too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    ewww.  Mine came up too. 

• Options
    Did you just google your name? I googled mine and all that comes up is some body building woman. Which is surprising because I have fb,Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest....I mean you name it I got it. And I have a target registry. But I couldn't find anything just searching my name
  • Options
    Ugh I googled mine and a bunch of baby stuff came up... Along with all my social media sites, my old wedding website and also Including past registries I had made (losses).. And it had the EDD and all.:: Thanks for throwing salt in the wound google.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    @Cici3913‌ yep, just FN/LN

@MrsG1019‌ hugs to you!
  • Options
    Now I am thankful for my very common FN and LN. Which I apparently share with a famous gymnast. I went back 5 pages and nothing.
    Ditto.  But when I put in FN LN + baby, it came up. 

Just annoying that they share your shit w/out your permission!

• Options
    @missnacholover I searched my name with baby, baby registry, and the quotations PP mentioned. I looked three pages back and nothing.
    That's awesome!

• Options
    @AeandJb‌ no I didn't do that I'll have to try it that way
  • Options
    That is super terrifying! Even if you go by a fake name?! WTF
    **********************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"