LGBT Parenting

IUI Procedure

So I had an IUI injection on July 29 (no shot) natural ovulation. I was on Clomid and Estrodial. I experienced a lot of cramping, mood swings, headaches, bloating and loss of appetite. I was on progesterone gel (8%) starting three days after IUI. I am now 17 days post IuI and have had negative pregnancy tests. I stopped taking the progesterone gel on the 12th of August because if I wasn't pregnant I should have started my period on the 11th of august. I had read that the progesterone will stop you from having a period and to get off of it and within two to three days you would start your period if you aren't pregnant. I am four days late on my period and still experiencing all the above symptons and negative pregnancy tests. My wife and I are really worried. I am getting bloodwork done tomorrow but won't have the results for a few days. Has anyone else had this experience and ended up being pregnant?

Re: IUI Procedure

• After my last IUI was a negative, I stopped the Crinone and it took more than 5 days for me to get my period. I don't remember the exact day, but I know I was still having crazy symptoms and sometimes when I would wipe it be a pale pink. I called my RE and she basically said every person is different and it also depends on the build up inside. Sorry for your negative :(

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Don't have much advice because I typically started my period after a few days of stopping the progesterone (and one month I actually started while I was still on it) but wanted to say sorry for the negative.... Good luck with everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2014
  • Awe bummer. Well when it's meant to be I guess I will be. I'm getting blood work done on Monday so I can get a definitive answer.
  • Update: not pregnant:( so disheartening. I know it's rare to happen the first time around but I had hope. I feel like I lost something I never had. It's weird.
  • Update: not pregnant:( so disheartening. I know it's rare to happen the first time around but I had hope. I feel like I lost something I never had. It's weird.

Every negative is a loss. It makes sense to feel the way you do. Hang in there...I hope next try is successful!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• JGYJGY member
    Update: not pregnant:( so disheartening. I know it's rare to happen the first time around but I had hope. I feel like I lost something I never had. It's weird.
    Every negative is a loss. It makes sense to feel the way you do. Hang in there...I hope next try is successful!
    Exactly.  I can totally relate to that feeling of loss.  It sucks.  You're absolutely not alone.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Sorry about your BFN :( Not sure if your period started yet or not, but mine wouldn't start until at least 3 days passed, sometimes up to a week.  If it hasn't started in 2 weeks that's when you should call your doctor.

Some of us are lucky and get pregnant on the first IUI, some of us take a few tries, some require even more intervention... it just depends on the person's body!  Hang in there and don't give up :) The average, from my understanding, is 3-6 tries.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"