October 2012 Moms
Options

Socializing LO

What does everyone do with their LO's these days? :) do you attend playgroups or have baby dates with your girlfriends? I dont know alot of people here where I live and I'd love to get Ella out and becoming familiar with kids her age and such. I had tried to join an outdoor playgroup through fb for this area but it was just FULL of gossiping mothers who were sooo judgemental. It made me sick to my stomach. So I'd like to try again but I'm feeling iffy, I just want Ella to have a lil buddy to play with.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Socializing LO

• Options
    With dd we did gymboree. We met a good core of kids and parents whom we still get together with.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    navyandvioletnavyandviolet member
    edited August 2014
    And honestly I've met a couple friends for me and kids just organically at the park. Kids hit it off. Moms hit it off. Exchange numbers. Take the plunge and text. Set up a play date. New friendship.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suck at this.  We don't go to busy parks because I hate people.  I do chat with the other parents that come to the two little parks we go to, but it has never made anything stick.  A has 6 cousins on the other side of town that she LOVES to play with, so we try to make sure they get together every once in a while.  I do want to get her in a class of some kind this winter, but holy expensive crap batman.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    We have two groups of moms and babies that I met through classes, newborn moms group, at the playground,etc, and we all get together a few times a week. We also do classes. I feel some added pressure because I'm a SAHM so I want to make sure LO isn't missing out on socializing and interacting with peers.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    I SAH so I try go get DS out socializing. We have been doing a developmental playgroup class for the past year now (1x/wk).  Other days of the week I try to go to at least 1 library story time or music time.  Thinking of signing him up for music class come this fall, but DS can be difficult with new people/new environments so I may just do a trial class first.

Anyway through the playgroup class, I have met a bunch of moms.  However, 1 recently moved away and another is moving next month.  While a few others are pregnant.  It was hard to make friends when DS was a newborn and I feel it's even harder now he is of toddler age (because those moms already have their core of friends).
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We joined our local moms club chapter. They are a great group of women who were easy to get along with and non judgy. I have learned so much with them and made some great connections. Maybe you have one in your area? https://www.momsclub.org/
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    We are very fortunate to live across the street from the neighborhood playground. Elijah has lots of friends in the neighborhood and his best friend lives across the street from us. They all play together almost every day during the summer. Winter, Fall, and Spring Elijah goes to daycare.
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone! We do have a really nice park with a big field across the street and I talk to the other moms there but it seems there's never the same mom there as the time before lol I also don't have my van anymore :( you don't realize how convenient having a vehicle is until its gone..so venturing out isn't always easy. I'd love to go to the Y but its on the other side of the city, options are kind of limited these days. Maybe I'll try the fb group again and hopefully things will be different this time round :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    E goes to Mother's day out at DS1's preschool. They have classes for babies up to 3 years old and a kindergarten class too. It's a really large weekday education program at a local baptist church. So that's his socialization right now! He goes 9-1 Tues/Thurs. I also take him to the nursery at the Y often so I can work out.

Before he started it, we would just arrange play dates with other military moms and their kids that I know through DH's command. Military= immediate friends.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"