Health & Exercise
Options

Intro & Paleo Question

Hey All.  Been lurking here for a while thought I'd intro myself.  I am 31 and DH is 32.  I am pregnant with our first.  I crossfit almost daily (3 on - 1 off), and coach 5 days a week.  I've eaten *mostly* paleo for 2 years and would love to see if anyone else eats paleo or close.  I've tried to find legit research on paleo and effects on baby but to not much avail (at least anything legit).   You ladies all seem great and I look forward to hanging out here.
BabyFruit Ticker
Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
Married: 6/9/07
TTC #1: 7/14
BFP: 8/9/14

Re: Intro & Paleo Question

• Options
    I stick to the 80/20 ratio I learned about in "Primal Blueprint" (Mark Sisson), and of that 20% non paeleo in my diet, it's still low lactose and only gluten free grains. I add a couple Tums a day for the added calcium & magnesium, bi-weekly soaks in epsom salt baths, and my prenatals are the all natural version. I'm now almost 32wks with baby #7, and this has been a crazy healthy and easy pregnancy compared to some of my others prior to discovering my gluten intolerance. Hope that is helpful to you :-)
  • Options
    @JudyBlume14‌, GD'er here! I stuck fairly close to Paleo through my pregnancy and did just fine. My only concern would be that you're getting enough calories. I exercised as well and with the GD I had to consume a lot more food. Constantly eating basically. :) Only gained 20 pounds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm mostly paleo and my plan would be to keep it up. However, listen to your body. The owner of my CF box is five months pregnant and is eating grains, dairy, and sugar daily after having been strict paleo for years because she is otherwise ravenous and not gaining enough weight. Pregnancy upsets our best intentions like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"