July 2012 Moms
Options

entertaining a two year old

Confession: sometimes, I find it difficult to make it through a full-day with DD.  She's so active, she has 0 attention span and she sleeps so little.  On the weekends, I am so exhausted by the end of the day.

This was about 10 minutes on Saturday morning:
  • I gave DD some blocks and she happily stacked them for 2 and a half minutes.
  • Then she opened the cupboard took out her crayons and said "I wanna colour".  So I got a colouring book and she happily coloured for 90 seconds.
  • Then she said "I want grapes! I want grapes!!!" and ran to to the fridge.  
  • Then she didn't want the snack I gave her, and she went to the closet, took out my heels, put them on and started walking around the house with them.
  • Then she climbs the stairs.
We do take her to the park a lot and we got an annual membership to the zoo and she's really happy when she gets to run around outside.  But sometimes, we have to be at home.  What do you do to entertain your toddler at home?  I feel like DD just goes stir crazy if she's inside for too long and it's going to be really tough when winter starts!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Re: entertaining a two year old

• Options
    Ha tv like @aimee223 or I just let her roam. She does the same thing. She's all over the place. I just leave her. It's more annoying when she is following me and wanting to do what I'm doing. Depending on what I'm doing I have her help me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    We have a play room with most of her toys so usually I just let her be in there. We walk to the park, do Gymboree, have zoo & children's museum memberships. We keep her bigger toys (trampoline & slide) in the basement so the change of scenery helps. Honestly when we have bad weather and are stuck inside we watch a lot of TV. We also go to the bookstore & toy store a lot to play.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes jfresh's post reminded me we have some games she likes to play. Hide and seek kind of, night night (we pretend to sleep and she covers us up & jumps on us to wake us up), and 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed.

• Options

She likes TV so I have been abusing it lately. Not very proud of it, but hopefully it will not break her.

I have been away for 10 days and since I came back all she want to do is lay with me in my bed and cuddle or jump on me. We spend 45 minutes yesterday doing just that :)

Coloring and playdough keeps her busy for few minutes too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"