Options

Healthy eating check in 8/16

ameegeeameegee member
edited August 2014 in December 2013 Moms
Another week down!

Any weight changes?

Any challenges?

Any accomplishments?

What did you get in for exercise this week?

Did you meet your goal?

Goal for this next week?

Are you following a specific diet plan or just trying to eat healthier?

Anything you want to add or complain or anything?

Re: Healthy eating check in 8/16

• Options

Any weight changes?
    Not sure. Weigh in is on Saturday.

Any challenges?
    Cravings and stress.

Any accomplishments?
    Not really. It wasn't a great week for me.

A lot of Burpees and 30 day challenges. Also a couple walks with the babe and dog.

Did you meet your goal for this week?
    Nope. I got lazy.

Goal for next week?
    Run 3 times and do yoga 3 times. Also start keeping track of food. Although my bday is next week so I know I'll have one bad day.

Just trying to eat healthier. I don't really agree with most diet plans.

I have been feeling super down on myself lately. It doesn't help that my dad got a me a sweatshirt for my birthday and it is really tight across my belly and barely closes over my boobs. Add this to 3 other sweatshirts or jackets like this. I really want them to fit soon but I have no faith that it will happen. Everytime I've tried to lose weight it's been a huge failure. *end rant*
  • Options
    Any weight changes? 
    -down a couple more pounds and hit a personal milestone  

Any challenges? 
     -not really, just pasta is my weakness 

Any accomplishments? 
    -went out for lunch and resisted the temptation to have a burger and fries, I had a yummy salad 

-I have done a lot of walking this week 

Did you meet your goal? 
    -I can't remember my goal so I will say probably not 

Goal for this next week? 
    -to walk 3x next week 

-I use myfitnesspal to track calories, no specific plan just portion control and healthier options

-that you can only track 6 things on myfitnesspal (eg. Calories, Protein, carbs, fat, calcium, salt). I would like to be able to track sugar and fibre too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any weight changes?
    Still haven't weight so I don't know.

Any challenges?
    The usual. Sugar, sugar, and sugar.

Any accomplishments?
    I am eating way less sugar than I was a week or so ago and I've been able to fit in more workouts than I had been previously.

If were counting thurs-thurs as a week..
    Boot camp fri
    Zumba Saturday
    Boot camp Monday
    Cycle class Monday

Did you meet your goal?
    I didn't set one

Goal for this next week?
    To go to boot camp tomorrow, Monday, and Wednesday.

Just trying to eat healthier. Tracking calories and cutting way back on sugar.

I didn't get my workout in yesterday because DH had to leave early for work so I couldn't go in the morning, then got home late from work so I couldn't go in the evening either. I was pretty frustrated.

• Options
    @sunshine Scales are dumb.  I'm boycotting mine.

• Options
    @sunshine Scales are dumb.  I'm boycotting mine.
    I think I am going to shift my focus to measurements, and just focus on getting back into strength training anyway. Number isn't as important as how I look, feel, and how my clothes fit.
    Lately I haven't been paying attention to pounds or inches, just how I feel and how my clothes fit.  To me that's more important than the number.

• Options
    We have a healthy eating check-in now? Can I join??
    Isabelle born via emergency c-section after her heart stopped 04.29.10
    asthma, astigmatism, amblyopia, allergies, tongue and maxillary ties

Noah born via RCS 12.09.13
    14q11.2 duplication, receptive language and adaptive behavior delays
    multiple health concerns under evaluation
    follow him here: www.facebook.com/lovefornoah

• Options
    @zonastar23‌ yes!!! It's only been a couple weeks but join! Join!
  • Options
    Any weight changes? Not sure haven't weighed yet. Clothes still tight. :(

Any challenges? Being tired. No time. DH is not the most supportive in this department. @sweett11‌ DH's family also cooks fatty high calorie comfort foods and DH has no intention on changing the habits he grew up with.

Any accomplishments? No sweets! It was so hard this week.

What did you get in for exercise this week? @sweett11‌ then I can count housework and constantly chasing after/lifting DD

Did you meet your goal? I did make my meals as often as I could. And I stayed away from sweets. Fell off the wagon for 30 day challenge though, with no help from DH.

Goal for this next week? Continue to try to make foods and stay away from sweets. I would like to restart 30 day challenge but I've been extremely exhausted.

Just trying to eat healthier. No added sugar. Lean proteins. Avoiding processed foods as much as possible.

Shit is hard. I wish DH was more supportive. I'd like for him to try and be healthier with me, but he could at least be encouraging. Instead he rolls his eyes whenever I say I want to eat healthier and complains that it makes it harder to make meals together. I've been making low calorie coffee to help me stay awake at work but I can't anymore since I think DD might have a reaction to it. I'm exhausted and frustrated.
  • Options
    @sweett11‌ where in montana?
  • Options
    Yay for progress. I need to weigh in. But DH hides the scale from me so I have to wait until he gets home from birthday shopping for me ;)
  • Options
    Yes!! Join us cheese! I make a menu for the week (including eat this this day) but we change it up pretty regularly. As long as we know what we are eating the night before and all the ingredients are in the house :) I want everyone to share recipes and snack ideas too!! I need them as well! I'm doing my fitness pal as well but my weight hasn't really moved. I think all my weight loss has been normal fluctuation.

And I agree. I really don't want Kahlan to grow up with my eating habits or my body image. If I never say the word diet in front of her, I'll be very happy. I know I'm going to be a dietician.... Easier said than done.
  • Options
    OK, for everyone who is counting calories:

Are you breastfeeding/pumping at all? How much? I'm just worried that because DD is eating some food now that if I add the 500 calories/day it will be too much and i wont lose and might gain but if I don't add, it will be too little calories and my body will think I'm starving and I won't lose and might gain. Feedback? Suggestions?? I am eating healthy foods but not losing anything so I think I have to count calories but not sure how to do it. Thanks!!
  • Options
    @mcncheese‌ do you have another link? The video is gone :(
  • Options
    I EBF and she's eating 3 meals a day. After 6 months, you're only supposed to add between 300 and 350. But you have to be willing to give yourself slack in case your supply is touchy.
  • Options
    I had a juice today at work. Beets, kale, apple and carrot. Surprisingly good.
  • Options
    BUMP! Happy Monday everyone! How did the weekends go?
  • Options
    Weekend went pretty good. Got a morning and evening workout in on Saturday and stayed mostly on track with the eating. I didn't go crazy with food like I used to on the weekends.

• Options
    I was a little over yesterday but my mum made paella and strawberry rhubarb pie, how could I say no. I figure normally I am under my recommended calories by 200-300 so a splurge every once in a while is ok (at least as long as the scale keeps going lower).

• Options

I was a little over yesterday but my mum made paella and strawberry rhubarb pie, how could I say no. I figure normally I am under my recommended calories by 200-300 so a splurge every once in a while is ok (at least as long as the scale keeps going lower).

Mmmmm paella. No, that's awesome and a good rule of thumb is 80/20. If you eat healthy 80% of the time, then it's okay to splurge once in a while :) keeps you sane. Or me. It keeps me sane
  • Options
    Yeah for weight loss @pashed! However, now I think it's about eating healthy and not losing weight for you :))
  • Options
    ameegee said:

Yeah for weight loss @pashed! However, now I think it's about eating healthy and not losing weight for you :))

I have a feeling I'm going to lose more before I start gaining. The thought of food is blech to me right now. But I am trying to eat as much as I can still.
  • Options
    Kahlan still nurses 6-8 times a day and takes solids 3 times a day. Not sure how to calculate that.
    @pashed I lost 10 pounds in the first tri!
  • Options
    @ameegee I lost over 10 lbs with LO between finding out and my 2nd drs appt. (So aprox 4-5 weeks ish)

Yesterday MS kicked my ass, today it's not been so bad. I still have no appitite (spelled wrong but my brain can't fix it) so I'm betting this first tri will be a repeat.
  • Options
    I just need to cut out the lime chips and cheese its and eat more fruits and veggies. :)
  • Options
    I have been tracking my calories on Myfitnesspal and today I got a little note that informed me that I had too few calories today and that my body will go into starvation mode. I find it very hard to consume as many calories as they recommended.

• Options
    @Kermode61581‌ how many cals did they recommend for you?
  • Options
    1490 plus I am still nursing so 300 for that

• Options
    ameegeeameegee member
    edited August 2014

1490 plus I am still nursing so 300 for that

That doesn't seem like too much to me. (Unless you are like 4 feet) but maybe add in a calorie dense thing, like peanut butter or a smoothie with protein powder. Definitely getting too few calories can make you not lose any weight!

Eta: words are hard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"