Stay at Home Moms

If you have a dishwasher with a 3rd rack...

Do you use that rack for normal cutlery and long things such as spatulas, knives, mixing spoons etc? Or do you put the normal cutlery in the cutlery basket and only put long things on the 3rd rack?
I had a new Bosch installed tonight and I'm not sure how I want to load it. The manual shows normal cutlery and oversized utensils on the 3rd rack but I'm not sure if that's going to get really tedious to load. Also, why is there still a cutlery basket if you put everything in the 3rd rack! 
Anyway, thus is obviously a FWP!! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you have a dishwasher with a 3rd rack...

• Are you not able to adjust the height of the glasses rack? Or just remove the 3rd rack completely? So far my tallest water bottle fits fine. I guess I'll try doing the cutlery a few ways until I figure out what I like.

• I love our Bosch with the third rack. We put regular cutlery in the lower basket. We put long spoons, tongs, etc and small custard cups (that we use for bowls) in the third rack. We also put sippy cup tops and valves in the top. We used to do bottle parts also. The bottle parts usually still had a little bit of a greasy film on them, but other than that, the rack is really nice.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I use it for big knives that otherwise knock over the cutlery bins, sippy cups and sometimes for big flat things like the pizza pan or cutting boards. I don't love it, but don't really mind it either.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"