December 2014 Moms
Options

FTM, baby moving a lot!

So I'm a FTM, and I guess I have these ideas of what my pregnancy should be like as it grows and progresses, but I have questions too. I have been feeling baby move around a lot lately {21 weeks tomorrow} but I feel like baby should be felt higher up. It still feels like baby is way low in my belly, around my pants button if you will. I'm sure that's totally normal, but if you could enlighten me that would be great. I don't have another appointment until the end of August. 

Re: FTM, baby moving a lot!

• Options
    JCM285JCM285 member
    edited August 2014
    I am 23 w 1 d and also feeling baby around that low region too. Has your OB or midwife checked the fundal height of baby yet? My doctor did this at my last appointment and confirmed that baby is in breach position right now but his head is well above my belly button so it makes sense that the kicks are so low since that's where his feet are. I am not an expert on that but the appt. made me feel better :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    I feel most kicks around my underwear line. How and where they are sitting will really depend on where you feel the kicks.

I'm a STM
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FTM with an anterior placenta and I'm so jealous of you guys, lol. Can't say for sure if I've felt anything yet. At my last appt on 8/12 she kicked the Doppler, so I know she's moving.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    It all depends on where they are in your ute. If they are breech you will probably feel kicks low,.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @aksue22--I'm 24 weeks and just felt kicking in the last 10 days or so.  I had the "I'm not sure if that's kicking" feeling at the beginning too.

And I have to say I get it now.  This baby is definitely for real. :)
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • Options
    RayRay007 said:

It all depends on where they are in your ute. If they are breech you will probably feel kicks low,.

This. My little guy sits breech and I feelll 85% of kicks down by my cervix or below the belly button. As you get further along your baby will kick ALL over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    23 weeks tomorrow, and baby girl is almost always low for me too. Typically below my belly button and often still around the top of the panty line. Must be where they are for a while until the uterus gets bigger!
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Love all the responses, thanks ladies!!! I guess baby can just hang out down there for now :)
  • Options
    i'm the same as @jcm285 and @brownmouse we've just gotten to the point where DH was able to feel a kick or two (amazing!). i thought it seemed a little low. sure enough, at today's AS they said baby was breech. at 16 weeks he/she was head down. should change quite a bit over the next few weeks as baby moves around a bit more
  • Options
    I went for a doctor's appointment last week at 22 weeks and the doctor said the top of my uterus was just above my belly button.  She didn't seem concerned, so I assumed that was normal.  For the last week, I have been feeling the kicks really low down.  I think the baby flipped into a breech position, but there is plenty of space right now for her to flip again :).
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My baby is super low as well! They confirmed it too at the ultrasound appt. it is nothing to worry about as baby will change positions tons before delivery. But man I sure have to pee ALL THE TIME
  • Options
    RaeChay said:

brookey79 said:

I went for a doctor's appointment last week at 22 weeks and the doctor said the top of my uterus was just above my belly button.  She didn't seem concerned, so I assumed that was normal.  For the last week, I have been feeling the kicks really low down.  I think the baby flipped into a breech position, but there is plenty of space right now for her to flip again :).

typically by 20 weeks the fundus (top) of your uterus is level with your belly button. So you're normal :)

^^^This.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This. My little guy sits breech and I feelll 85% of kicks down by my cervix or below the belly button. As you get further along your baby will kick ALL over.
    This all exactly. My baby is sitting breech right now and I feel all kicking down low. Your uterus is just above your belly button at this point, but you won't feel kicks there if your baby is head up. The baby is about 10" at this point, so he/she is getting bigger and taking up most of your uterus, so that's exciting at least!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    Im 22 weeks and 1 day and i feel her both high and low, depending on how im sitting. She moves constantly and sometimes she even kicks my bladder. Im a FTM also and i thought it was weird to be feeling her high already but its normal :)
  • Options
    Baby is in birthing position currently and I feel a ton at the top of where my underwear lies. Went to midwife and had ultrasound yesterday and they said it is normal. Baby is small and has tons of room to move in our uterus right now. Apparently sitting directly above my vagina is comfortable for the baby. I feel like I'm squishing the baby but apparently I'm not. 

Since the baby's feet are near or above my belly button, I will say I don't feel much kicking there. Not sure why but that is how it is for me. At ultrasound, the feet and legs were moving like crazy and I couldn't feel anything. 
  • Options
    I was just like this until this week (week 24). Little sprout must've had a growth spurt because I can definitely feel him stronger and all over the place. I think he is also strong enough now that I can feel him even where the placenta is (in mine was higher and toward the front). Just wait, you'll get there soon :)
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"