Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Play tent / Teepee for 1 year old?

Is a one year old too young for a play tent/teepee thing? I'm dying to make one for my son for his birthday (turns 1 in November) or Christmas, but I'm not sure if he'll actually even know what to do with it yet. Is it worth a shot, or should it wait until he's 2ish?
Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Play tent / Teepee for 1 year old?

• Options
    we have had the Ikea BUSA tent and tunnels since before LO was 1, and she just started liking to hide and play and squirrel away her favorite toys in the tent around 18 months

• Options

My 17 month old has loved hers for months now.  Personally I avoided the tents with poles as they will snap if landed on...and young kids will land on the poles.  Ours is the Ikea one (green, square shape) it has a internal wire frame that folds up and 'pops' up...when the kids crash onto the tent it just folds and pops back into place.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were given this one for DD's first birthday. It was her favorite toy that day and is still one of her favorites. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Princess-Adventure-Hut/15777740
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    We bought dd a tent from ikea since she started crawling, she loves it. Inside I put a small blanket, her boppy, and a few books. It's so cute when I see her sitting in it flipping through her books.
  • Options
    we also have one from Ikea. we got it for our then almost two year old son however my now one year old daughter has been crawling through the tunnles and into the tent for ages now.
  • Options
    We also have the ikea tent and crawl tunnel. DD is 1 and doesn't seem that interested in it. After prompting her she'll crawl in it but comes out right away. She doesn't seem to enjoy it right now but I think when she gets a little older she might so I'm holding on to it. I say make it for your LO and if he's not into it right now he might be down the road. Worth a shot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks!
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"