Secondary IF

question about IUI

We're moving onto IUI this cycle with Clomid. I should have asked the RE today but what's the benefits to IUI when my issue isn't getting pregnant but staying pregnant?

I asked my nurse after and she said that if sperm quality is an issue, the washing could help. But you ladies between you all are experts so thought I'd ask you too. RE said although sperm isn't ideal, it's so just under average that he doesn't think it's truly an issue. I personally think progesterone is an issue...I've only been on the cream which is low dose and such a difference in my mood, spotting, energy etc. And there will be progesterone support so that at least will be there.

Me: 32, DH: 33
DS #1: April 2010
DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis

Re: question about IUI

• I can't think of any advantage to IUI when the issue is staying pregnant except that maybe it ensures the strongest sperm are able to hit the mark? I hope the progesterone helps.

TTC #2 since 8/2012

IUI #1 April 2014: BFN

IUI #2 July 2014: BFN

IUI #3 August 2014: BFN

BFP: September 15, due May 22nd 2015

• I've wondered the same thing. I'll be checking back for replies.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't really have a diffrent opinion about this other than the best sperm get there but I wanted to say good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"