July 2012 Moms

Anyone done Stitchfix?

I'm intrigued, but wonder if its worth it and how the sizes run. I never know what size to get unless I try things on first.

If you've done it, what did you think?

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, here you go: https://stitchfix.com/?utm_source=bing_search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand_bing 

It's basically a personal stylist that sends you clothes based on your answers to a questionnaire. If I understand correctly, you can return anything you don't like and only pay for what you decide to keep. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Re: Anyone done Stitchfix?

• You pay a $20 "styling fee" per box, that they keep whether you keep stuff or not (if you keep at least one thing, they put the $20 towards your bill).  I've seen a lot (a LOT) of bloggers do it; I think for what the stuff is, it seems ultra overpriced and similar to the kind of stuff you could find yourself cheaper at TJMaxx.
  • aylafsu88aylafsu88 member
    edited August 2014
    I do it an love it. I have found that 1 or 2 items have been not sized correctly (to big/long) but that was mostly because I did the 24 day challenge and lost 10-15 pounds so my measurements changed. Weirdly enough most of the items fit and really look good with my style. I answered the questions honestly and did my measurements so I knew I correct in the sizes I told them I was. I find the prices to be pretty reasonable. Some stuff is a tad high but not way to high. I have paid $35-55 for a shirt, $50-80 for pants and dresses there. The one thing I will say is their accessories are hit or miss. Sometimes they are cut and other times they are way overpriced and look kind of cheap so I usually pass on that. If you buy all of the items they give you a 25% discount so it is really affordable.
    I can post some pics of stuff I have received in the boxes if you want me to.

ETA: I hate shopping and doing it with a 2 year old is nuts. I also lack the patience to search through a rack and find stuff then try on 25 things. So I think it is easy and great for me.
    I have done 8 fixes so far. They apply the $20 style fee to an item that you buy so it works out in the end. I usually buy at least 1 item per box.
  • Loading the player...
  • versedversed member
    edited August 2014
    A bunch of the girls on the F14 board do it, and more and more seem to be signing up.

I like the concept, but the prices are a bit out of my range for what I consider to be my "temporary body."

I am intrigued by gwynnie bee (https://closet.gwynniebee.com/account/login?checkout_url=http://closet.gwynniebee.com/) which is a clothing netflix-like service. That might be more my thing. We'll see. I need some pieces to wear back to work, especially after my mom went all, "you're not wearing THAT to work, are you?" to the only pants I have that fit. Ugh. Darn post-partum body.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @aylafsu88 I know I'm cheap, but I wouldn't usually spend more than $20 for a top. LOL. Sounds like it might be a little too expensive for my taste. And @Thepinksuperhero, I had no clue there was a fee regardless of whether you kept your items. That completely changes things.

• Laurski81 said:
    The real question is if this fits into that 8 page budget ;)

So true :)

Which reminds me of a crazy dream I had. I dreamt that we went to our first u/s and found out we were having twins and my biggest concern was not "oh crap, twins" but rather "oh crap, now he's going to have to redo the budget again".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"