Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Bye bye bottle

Does anyone have any suggestions for weaning baby off of bottle. Also, just turned 12 mons this week and still doing formula. How did you Mommies do it, wean from formula or bottle first? :-)

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bye bye bottle

• Options
    TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited August 2014
    We just switched her from on day to the next. She's now on soy milk, just turned one on 8/7. So far, so good.

She's still using bottles, but drinks all of her water from sippy cups. I need to invest in more sippy cups. I bought a really good Dr. Browns one. I think I'll get more of those.

If your LO is sensitive, maybe try the new milk during the day and formula at night. Or ask your pedi what's the best way. Good luck!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    DawnJM25DawnJM25 member
    edited August 2014

I went by the rule of formula in bottles, milk in sippys.  We never put milk in a bottle, but we did start mixing milk with formula in a sippy to get LOs used to the taste and gradually get used to the colder temperature of milk.  We stopped offering the morning bottle around 12 mo and replaced that with a sippy of milk/formula, and every few days replaced one more bottle with a sippy of milk.  We kept the bedtime bottle for a few weeks until we ran out of the formula we had.  For a few weeks we offered a sippy of milk during stories before bed to transition away from the bedtime bottle.  By about 14 mo we were off bottles.  Then we had the dilemma of LOs filling up on milk and not eating food, but that's another post entirely!

To answer your second question, we sort-of weaned off bottles and formula at the same time if that makes sense. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much Ladies! We did ask our pedi but he is so laid back that he wasn't extremely helpful in this area lol so I figure I would ask a Mom instead. FX for an easy transition!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"