August 2013 Moms
Options

Help with night terrors?

Has anyone had experience with night terrors at this stage? My LO has them occasionally and has been having them more often this week. She has a cold, which our pediatrician prescribed Benadryl as needed for. We have been giving it at bedtime since Saturday to help dry up some of her congestion and help her sleep. Could this be the source of the night terrors? I am not going to give it to her tonight and see how she does. From what I’ve read about night terrors (unable to wake or be comforted, thrashing wildly, seemingly unaware that we’re there, etc.), that is what it seems to be rather than a nightmare.

She doesn’t sleep soundly no matter what we try and I know that contributes to it as well. I feel so sorry for her and they are terrifying to me as well. Any BTDT advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you ladies!

Re: Help with night terrors?

• Options
    No advice/experience, but I hope this passes quickly for you. I can't imagine dealing with that and I dread the night that this ever happens. 

Good luck! 

• Options
    No advice from a mom stand point. I get night terrors very infrequently and it scares the crap out of MH. Good luck and I hope she got some sleep last night.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get weird ass dreams from Benadryl, so I think it's safe to say they could be from that. 

It could just be a neurological thing, too. If so it's a phase she needs to outgrow. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"