Secondary IF
Options

Success in getting Pregnant after IVF

Hi... I hope this is the right discussion board.... We tried for a long time to get pregnant on our own and after years of not working we went to Infertility treatments and then IVF with was successful and we have a 21 mth old now... We are trying now for baby #2. we are hoping to conceive on our own but if not we will be doing IVF again...

Just wondering how many have been successful in getting pregnant on your own after IVF or how many of you had to do IVF again?

thanks ;-)

Re: Success in getting Pregnant after IVF

• Options
    I'm still kinda new to this board... but we are all trying to get pregnant.  Some have had success in the past with IVF or IUI treatmens, but we are all struggling to conceive now.  I think you should try "Pregnant after IF".

Good luck to you.
    Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Or the SAIF board

Cheerio!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually think this is exactly the right board for you!  Some of the women here had primary infertility and others conceived their first (second/third) more easily but everyone here is having difficulty conceiving subsequent children.  PAIF is for women who are currently pregnant so that would definitely not be a good fit for you right now until you achieve success.  I didn't do IVF the first time around so I don't have any input on the answer to your question but Welcome and Good Luck :)
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited August 2014
    Well we conceived our DD naturally, then tried for 2+ years for a sibling before we tried an IUI, and 2 IVFs that did not work. We conceived on our after all of that (waiting to do a 3rd IVF cycle) but it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. I think it depends on your DX though, we're unexplained IF. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"