LGBT Parenting
Options

So relieved! NT thickness resolved!

Well, some of you may recall that when we went and had our nuchal transparency scan that our result was over the normal limits at 3.6mm.  We were lucky to get a Harmony test done at 10 weeks, and all the trisomies came back negative, but the NT scan was still alarming. 

The test result was part of what has kept me really quiet.  I've done so much research over the last 5 weeks and I couldn't proceed forward well until I knew what this scan said.  I learned of folks who had high scans but days later numbers that were half of what they had been originally.  Yes, some go on to have health issues, but many do not.  I understand, of course, that it isn't a diagnosis, but an indicator.  I also know that it is scary as hell to worry that something is wrong with your baby.  At this point, I was most concerned about heart defects as IVF has an increased rate (since I had confidence in the Harmony test), and with the high NT number, that was a further indicator of potential heart issues. 

Well, yesterday at 16w5d we got our "20 week" anatomy scan and every thing is GREAT!  Our little girl has a nuchal fold (what would still be big if it was big) of only 3.2, even though she is way, way bigger!  The limit at her gestational age is 6mm, so we are way in the clear! Whoop!  All her organs look great, her spine looks good, and she even spent a good deal of time crossing her little ankles, which we feel is especially dear since her brother W spends almost all of his high-chair and stroller time with little ankles crossed. 

We are over the moon!  Well, I am.  My DW let me know on the way out that she actually forgot about the high NT regularly, for days and days at a time.  She is a really amazing person who can just put aside an alarming fear like that, since it isn't actually "real" yet.  If the problem came to pass, she would deal with it then.  So I think for her it was just an acknowledgement that everything was fine!

She will continue to be monitored and will go in for a fetal echocardiogram since she has had these high readings, and because she was conceived via IVF, but I am convinced she is fine.  I mean, I always knew she was, but it sure is nice to have a good ultrasound to confirm it.

Well, little girl is growing away, has some major muscles, and weighs in at 6oz.

I'm so smitten.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: So relieved! NT thickness resolved!

• Options
    Glad to hear all is well with your baby girl!! I love the profile pic :-)
  • Options
    This is all such great news! I sooo get it, with our trisomy X, and I'm relieved she is a-ok! We did the fetal echo too as a precaution. Good move. I'm sure she is fine but its peace of mind to know for sure. Yay baby girl!!!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such wonderful news! I am so very glad to hear this! I hope that the rest of pregnancy is just blissfully uneventful for you both until you get to meet your little girl! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Great to hear!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I know that's such a relief! I'm so glad you have some peace of mind!
  • Options
    JGYJGY member
    Oh I'm SO happy for you!  What great news.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    Great news, glad you can just relax and enjoy getting ready for your little one (as much as one can relax)

• Options

Thank you all so much for the wonderful words of support.  Your thoughts and messages mean a lot to me and I'm just so glad that I have this community to revel in this good thing for our family!

Take good care all!

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"