Parenting
Options

It had to be done, but I'm still sad

myskyegirlmyskyegirl member
edited August 2014 in Parenting
We couldn't take care of our cat anymore.  With the baby we just didn't have have time for her and she didn't have the space to run around like she used to.  She was being fed, but not loved the way she should be.  So we decided after I tried and tried to re-home her with someone I know, hubs had to bring her to our vet who has a shelter. 

I wasn't with him when he did it and I'm glad, but I'm still very sad. My poor Gypsy, I will always love you and miss you.  

Re: It had to be done, but I'm still sad

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    myskyegirlmyskyegirl member
    edited August 2014
    She needs attention and love, not just food.  I miss her, but someone will love her and take care of her the way she deserves.  That I don't feel selfish for.  

Not my cat, she is very affectionate and loves to cuddle.  We had to move in with my mil who has a dog that hates cats and my cat was relegated to the front hall, where at our apt she had the run of the place.  So no I don't feel bad that I want her to have a better life than what we are able to give her right now.  So give all the attitude you want, but I rather my Gypsy be loved than put to a hallway and only fed. 
  • Options
    She needs attention and love, not just food.  I miss her, but someone will love her and take care of her the way she deserves.  That I don't feel selfish for.  
    You sent her to a shelter to live in a cage and possibly be euthanized.

She not being enthanized, we brought her to our vet.  She's not going to kill a healty cat. 
  • Options
    She NOT IN A CAGE.  We brought her to our vet who said she would find her a home.
  • Options
    She NOT IN A CAGE.  We brought her to our vet who said she would find her a home.
    You are seriously dumb.  There is no other explanation at this point.  
  • Options
    Get it all our of your systems.  It's ok, burn me all you want. I know I did the right thing.  

I WAS wrong to think that you all wouldn't think I was a monster, that I should have known better on. So get it all out so things can get back to normal.    
  • Options
    Our vet keeps our dog (and all the animals)in a cage when she's just there for the day for a procedure. Where do you think they are going to keep your cat for a long term stay? Just let her roam around the exam rooms?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I just wanted to say thank you ladies for making me feel like a piece of shit.  I think I've been lambasted enough, but thank you for making me think I gave my cat up to satan, it's much appreciated. 
  • Options
    We had our one cat who was very clingy to us when I was pregnant with DS, and we decided to get a second cat right before he was born to be a companion to her since we knew we wouldn't give her the same level of play and attention.  We didn't just get rid of her.  It worked out well, they love to play together.

Cats really are so easy compared to dogs... food, water, litter box, a little bit of interaction (like... little bit) and a place to sleep.  We manage to do it now with two cats, a toddler, a baby on the way and a small 2bedroom shoebox of an apartment that has no real space for them to run.

Please go get the cat... it is highly unlikely an adult cat will be re-homed and chances are good she could be put to sleep.... in the meantime, she is alone and in a strange place.
    This exactly. It's breaking my heart just thinking about it! poor thing  :(

• Options
    I have two dogs and a toddler and a baby on the way.

The dogs still get attention...
    Same here.  OP you are delusional.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"