Single Parents

Single and Pregnant

Hey ladies! I am 30 years old and pregnant with my first child. I am 23 weeks pregnant and the father of my baby has left. I'm sure there are other women in my situation, I just couldn't find a thread on it. Does anyone else need some support right now? I know I sure do! I would love to hear your stories!
-Jasmine

Re: Single and Pregnant

• You have come to the right place.
    There are a few pg women on here now that I am sure will share their story. Best of luck to you.
    I myself Have a 3.5 and almost 2 year old and am going through a very nasty divorce for 6 months now.
  • @Amandarae529 and another poster are currentley single and pregnant and im sure would be happy to comiserate with you. A few of us who have kids now were also single and pregnant.

Welcome to the board! Tell us about yourself
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry you're going through this but welcome! These ladies are great here.

I, too, am pregnant and single. I'm 26 weeks today (YAY!). I made the decision to leave the baby's father but he has since decided to ignore all phone calls and responsibilities that he promised to do. At this point the next communication he will get form me is court paperwork for child support...if I can find him since he didn't give me his address :-w

Tell us a little about yourself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also op, id change your screan name to something less googleable :)

@Amandrae529 do you know an address for a family member. I had to have bd served at his parents. Or if he works they can find him that way. They have ways of finding people
  • Agree with Minnesota.  I changed my screen name to avoid being found on here.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hi- welcome.

My situation is different- I have a 2.5 YO and recently filed for divorce, but I think we are all here to give and get support.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I'm 21 and pregnant with my first as well. I'm 12 weeks. My BD and I aren't together which is definitely for the best but thankfully we are friends and he's being really supportive. But even with that, it's still hard being single.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome, my BD left me when I was 2.5mo along and now my DD is almost 14mo old now.  It's tough, but totally fucking worth it.
  • @MinnesotaMomma91 I know the town that his dad lives in (his mom passed away a few years ago) and I know that if I scroll back through texts, I'll find his exact address. I also know the name of the company he works for so I'm sure I can find that address using Google. One more thing...I work for the local Sheriff's Office...so I'm sure I can find out more than I even WANT to find out lol And the guys that know my situation are just WAITING to say something to him.

• Thanks for joining ladies! :) I'm glad we have a support group for ladies who have been "there!"

My BD and I met online and he moved to Indiana from Colorado, for me when I found out I was pregnant. After we lived together for about a month or two I started finding out that he had been lying to me about a lot of different things. Some things stupid and some things important. Once I confronted him, he left. He decided that he would rather just leave than to explain anything or try to make things work. I'm just heart broken. And am having a hard time. He was the one that was so happy about the pregnancy. He was the one who wanted this baby. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted children. Either way, I feel like I'm just stuck with an everyday reminder of how he abandoned me and left me. I'm trying to separate him from the baby and just come to terms with everything. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!
  • @Amandarae529 has already brought up some great points. Its very hard, i also was single and pregnant(at twenty two) and i placed a lot of guilt on myself blamming myself for bd not wanting ds but wanting his other kids.

I found it was easiest to seperate ds from bd by thinking about ds as his own person. I called him by a nickname before i knew he was a boy and then he became b. Even now i get snippy when people refer to him as "ben" because "ben" is bd.

Ftr i almost lost my bananas when bd called ds ben jr.
  • Thank you so much ladies! It really helps to be reminded of all of the things I was blind to in the relationship. I am having a girl! I honestly don't know how I haven't miscarried yet since it's been such a hard pregnancy. I still have a lot of sickness and I'm 6 months pregnant. I have also lost 18 pounds due to the stress of BD. Everytime I go to the doc they say that she is moving and her heartbeat is still strong. So, I know that God wants me to have this little baby. I may not understand it right now, but this is what Gods plan for me is now. She's my little fighter! Lol. My parents have really stepped up and having been extremely supportive during this whole situation and I am forever grateful to them. They have bought pretty much everything for her so we are set in that department. I think for me the hardest part is the emotional aspect of everything. I've always been the one in my family to make good choices, I have a great job, I have always gone down the right path. And to be so careless about who I allowed into my life and now I am pregnant by this person?! It's just not how I ever thought or wanted my life to be. It's just hard to come to terms with it all. I hold myself to high standards and I just feel like I made a stupid choice that has forever impacted my life. :/
  • Ladies I can't tell you what a blessing you have both been to me! Seriously. It's amazing how insights from complete strangers could have such an impact. You both are strong women and I hope I can get to the place that you all are at instead of feeling so defeated. I will get there! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • PP's have made some great points.  You may have thought previously that you didn't want kids or didn't know if you did or not or whatever.  I felt the same way until I was about 40.  Then DD came along and, as scary as it is being a single parent (for a multitude of reasons), I wouldn't trade DD for anything in this world and couldn't imagine NOT having her in my life.  Things will work out for you and your DD.  Soon you'll experience a love like you've never known before and become a big fierce mama bear to that little girl.  
  • Thank you soo much!! I'm can feel myself starting to get there. But then I revert back to missing him and thinking of him and letting the sadness take over. I need to work on my self-talk more!
  • Gosh I miss all this stuff about my stbxh but when it really comes down to it my mind plays tricks on me. Really life was nothing like how I am remembering it in those moments.
  • Single mama here, also pregnant with my first at 27 weeks.... posted a little while in the beginning, changed username due to possibly being able to find it on google... I don't have a lot of advice, other than try to focus on you and your little one, and find a good place to vent.  This forum is a good place to vent :) I've just now begun to regret I hadn't been more in the "I can do this" mindset from day one... but it took a lot of issues unfolding and a restraining order against my ex to really get me to see his true horrible colors - then I was able to get out of the "what did I do wrong, why isnt this working" mindset and more into the focusing on baby mindset.. That's about all that worked for me though, and I still have incredibly tough days where I'm terrified, but we can both do this!!
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, OP... I'm quite similar, in that my family has stepped up to help through this all and they've basically bought everything for her as well, and I too deal with the feelings of "how could I have been so irresponsible about who I let into my life, when it will now affect my baby for her whole life?" After years of being the responsible one who people looked up to, I for sure felt foolish... but... soon, I am thinking we both won't feel those things as often, and will just feel the unconditional love for our little ones... oh, and I'm also having a girl too :)
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in a similar situation... it's sad, but comforting to know we have a place to come to gain support from one another! I'm 12.5 weeks pregnant. me and my ex were trying to work things out after a year and few months of being together and 2 months of being apart, and then I found out I was pregnant. a month after we knew I was pregnant he decided to tell me he was seeing someone but two weeks later proceeded to tell me they were no longer together. what a liar! I talked to the girl last week and they've been together for 4 months! I'm just over 3 months pregnant! ugh! needless to say I called him out on it and he went running for the hills and hasn't talked to me since and she claims she's not going anywhere, which I couldn't care less because I do not want him anyway. it just hurts he denied me and his child to a girl he just started seeing. I never in a million years expected this from this man. it's hard, but my family and friends are keeping my spirits up. I hope we all can get and keep a positive attitude because it's going to be hard but the little faces are going to be worth it and I tell myself that every time I feel myself starting to get upset.
  • I must be stupid. I have tried emailing the bump and inquiring around but I can't figure out how to change screen name... stupid me. :(
  • And welcome to the board. There are some awesome supportive women on here. I would be lost without this forum.
  • @jennifervorel‌ someone on this board gave me this tid bit

Go to theknot.com, log in with your bump name and password, there's an area for "my account" where you can change your own user name

Or try tagging at bump Jackie
  • @jennifervorel - I'm not sure tagging bumpjackie is as effective as directly PMing her (which is what I did).  You could try both though.
  • Hi just thought I'd join in, I'm 19, 22 weeks pregnant, and single. :) I totally understand crappy boyfriends, and am happy I found the single parent group! I didn't know there was one. I left my boyfriend at 14 weeks because he wouldn't tell his parents I was pregnant, was trying to convince me to get an abortion, and was just making me totally miserable through out my whole first trimester because he refused to acknowledge I was pregnant and wouldn't even talk about it! I'm happy to be single now, but that doesn't mean it's not lonely or stressful. So I'm really happy to have found a group with people who understand.
  • Haha, less than a week after finding out I was prego, I dragged BD to his parent's house where we told them.  He thought he was going to be murdered but his mom loves me.  She actually disowned him when she found out he left me (until I tried to reason with her about "blood is blood, you'll regret this if you do it").

But welcome to you too @taylornoell.

Hope all you ladies stop your dirty lurking and participate ;)
  • @20thirteen got it. It should be changed in a bit... Thanks.:-)

• Haha @MinnesotaMomma91 BD mom passed away and I never got to meet her but he told his dad through a TEXT message that I was pregnant. I remember giving him shit that he hadn't told him yet and he was SO DAMN PROUD of himself when I got home from work that day that he finally told him. It was one of the final pieces of proof I needed that this 35 year old "man" was not a man at all.
  • Haha @MinnesotaMomma91 BD mom passed away and I never got to meet her but he told his dad through a TEXT message that I was pregnant. I remember giving him shit that he hadn't told him yet and he was SO DAMN PROUD of himself when I got home from work that day that he finally told him. It was one of the final pieces of proof I needed that this 35 year old "man" was not a man at all.

Bd still wont admit paternity
  • @MinnesotaMomma91 Has a paternity test been done? If so, he's just a douche and totally avoiding the facts? If not, is that something that can be forced upon him?
  • @amandarae529 no paternity test has been done yet he hasnt asked for one for some stupid reason though
  • @amandarae529 no paternity test has been done yet he hasnt asked for one for some stupid reason though
  • edited August 2014
    @MinnesotaMomma91 Wow. Is he paying child support even without having a positive paternity test?

I'm not doubting that he's the father, just FYI lol I'm flashing back to a story that happened with a (then) friend and my godson.

For 8 years we thought P was the dad of my godson but my friend H never went after him for CS because she didn't want him to have any legal rights to my godson. Why she decided after 8 years to do so is beyond me but she did. Just before the judge ordered the CS, he asked P if he would like a paternity test. In those 8 years, P had gotten married to the girl he cheated on with my friend. SHE said yes and a paternity test was done. Went a little something like this, I'm sure...

I was completely shocked at THAT phone call. My first thought was "this kind of shit only happens on Maury" haha
  • @Amandarae529 hes the father, i hadnt had sex with my xh since before my last period then had sex with bd. So id be ahocked if ds was xh.

Nope hes not paying cs
  • @amandarae529 I have to think your friend waited so long because maybe she thought P might not be the dad (I mean, she had to know that was possible of course). 
  • Also guess he wasn't the only one that cheated! lol