Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Teething Fevers?

Do any of your little ones get fevers when teething? When I Google mostly it says fevers are you not from teething. My 22 month old has a fever of 102.2. She typically runs hot (like she always feels hot but won't have a fever) but I just checked and it's 102.2.

She is due for her canine teeth next, although I don't feel anything when I run my fingers along her gum line, but lately she has been putting her finger in her mouth a little bit (which she normally doesn't do at all).  She is not stuffy and doesn't have a cough, but she has wanted to nurse all day today and seems was a bit cranky and a little lethargic...not quite herself.

I don't think she got a fever with any of her first 4 molars (the only molars that she have come in so far). The canine teeth should be next in line. Do canines hurt pretty badly and more likely to cause fevers or are molars supposed to be worse?

Re: Teething Fevers?

• Options
    Yeah I always read that teething may cause a low grade but if it's higher then something else may be going on. My 22 month old was getting two teeth at once and he ran a 102 fever for two days. I medicated him before bed because he was uncomfortable and the fever came down. Back up the next day but he was active and didn't seem uncomfortable. I just kept him in a diaper to keep cool and made sure he stayed hydrated etc. medicated again that night before bed. Temp then remained down. He wasn't showing signs of an ear infection. I'd just ride it out and medicate if you feel it's necessary. It may just pass in a day or so.
  • Options
    DD runs 99-101 when teething & has diarrhea. I've taken her to doctor before, there's never anything else wrong.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine also runs low grade with teeth top two r getting ready to poke now an has run a fewer off and on for couple days and fussy medicate give another day or so then I would consult pedi. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"