Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Early bed time

Last week I was at a work happy hour and left around 6:30 so that I could put my 8 month old to bed around 7:00.  When my coworkers heard that that was my baby's bed time, they gave me a lot of grief for it, saying it was so early.  Sometimes DD will sleep 7pm-7am with a couple wake ups in the night.  Sometimes she goes to bed closer to 8 and is up at 6:30.  Regardless, the comments sorta bothered me, like I wasn't doing something right.  What the hell?  DD does typically take 2 naps during the day about an hour each.  This may be more of a vent than anything but does this sound like too much sleep? 

Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
Due October 2015

Re: Early bed time

• Options
    You're right.  Not sure why I needed this reassurance.  I know someone is always going to have something to say.  It's been working so I shouldn't doubt myself. Bleh!
    Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get the same comments. My twins go to bed around 8:30pm and usually sleep til about 7am when I get them ready for daycare in the morning. I'm sorry if you keep your kids up til after 10pm. I want my babies to have a good nights rest and ready for the next day.
    Everyone and their mamas have an option.
    Do what works for you, that is all that matters.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • Options
    W is almost 8 months and he goes to sleep about 930/10 and sleeps about 12 hours. People always carry on that that is too late, but that is when he goes to sleep! People will always have opinions. It is not like you are FORCING the child to go to sleep and you certainly arent forcing her to stay asleep. Keep doing what works for you and baby! :)
  • Options
    We follow her natural rhythms, and that means she is in bed no later than 8:30.

She usually sleeps 8-8 with no wake ups. When she gets put in bed, she grabs her soother, pops in it in her mouth and lays down waiting for us to turn on her mobile.  We aren't forcing her at all.
  • Options
    my baby girl does the same thing! usually in bed by 7/7:30! Don't worry about what other people say! I know if she stayed up later i'd have one cranky baby in the morning as she does not sleep in and wakes up same time even if up late.
  • Options
    My daughter is almost 7 months and she goes to bed around 8:30pm and wakes around 7am.  Some nights she's up till 9 or 9:30.  I try to keep her on a schedule but I also let her drift off in my arms before putting her in the crib.  She doesn't wake up in the night anymore.  

Like everyone else said, do what works for you and your baby.  Everyone has to have an opinion about kids.  
    Meet DH in 2008 - Engaged on 4.11.2011 - Married on 9.22.2012 - BFP on 5.10.2013 - DD born via emergency c-section on 1.23.2014 

• Options
    My 7 month old goes to bed at 6! She cannot stay up any longer. Gets up around 530 or 6.
  • Options
    I get grief for this too. My LO goes to bed at 6:45-7. Everyone tells me it's too early. But she sleep 7-7 so I think it's just fine :)
  • Options
    Don't listen to other people!! Keep doing what you're doing!

My son goes to be around 7, and wakes up around 6, so we're all in the same boat!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so envious of you guys! LO goes to bed around 9-10 and wakes up around 2:30 and again at 5:30!! I wish he'd sleep more at night :)
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"