13. @jjlvscg: Jan 10 singleton

14. @cageymack: Jan 22 baby

15. @louliza: Feb 1 singleton

16. @singingmua: Feb 2 singleton

17. @aandstilltrying: Feb 14 twins

18. @mrs&mrsK: Feb 17 singleton

19. @wishiwaspreggo: March 7 singleton

20. @katcraig30 : March 29 singleton

If you have a recent BFP (and/or if you are new to the board), please let me know when you want to be added to this list. How is everyone feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and your partner this week? Any updates to share?

QOTW: what is one thing you really hope for your kids and one thing you really dread for them?

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: Pregnancy Check In (August 11)

• Options
    rkborkbo member
    Good Morning everyone. Today I am 22w5d. I am considering myself pretty lucky so far this pregnancy. I have only gained about 3 lbs and I haven't really had any morning sickness. I feel our little nerd kicking all.day.long sometimes, I love feeling her move so much. 

QOTW: One thing I am really hoping for her is that she will get my wife's love of reading and book smarts. I dread that she will get my hate for reading and schooling. When I was in high school, I had my first part time job when I was 16 and I was working full time straight out of HS at 18 and never stopped working. I HATED schooling so much. 
  • Options
    13w2d. Last week of 1st tri! Woo hoo! Feeling ok. Gets tired and sick feeling later in the evening. We are fb official so that was exciting. This weekend we went to WV to see family and it was ALL BABY...allllll the time! Lol. My bday is Thursday... Turning 30 and my nephew is Tues turning 16 so we had a big joint party. Went to Texas Steakhouse and be fully embarrassed.

We are scheduling our Anatomy Scan tomorrow!!! Can't wait! Hope they get us in sooner than later. Can't believe we are at that point already!

Qotw: hope- I hope that they will be kind and selfishly I hope they enjoy music as much as I do.

Dread- that they will be subjected to "you have 2 moms" and might feel odd answering that. I'm a teacher and know some same sex parents' kids and hear how they try to avoid the subject. I don't want that for them.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    29 weeks tomorrow (although I can't get my ticker updated at the bottom of my post. Oh well).

Baby is definitely "popped" and we realized the last time we took our weekly belly shot that we can really tell where she is based on the shape of my belly. This last week it was very obvious that she was riding high. Which might explain why I've been so short of breath! 

I have a doc appointment next week- just the usual check up. I'm so excited that my mom will be in town so she is going with me! I'm so excited at the thought of her getting a good listen (or maybe a look- last time they did a quick ultra sound since they couldn't get her still enough for the heart rate). I just love sharing this time with her. There was a time I wasn't sure that she'd be open to this. But she is just so in love with this baby and so supportive of my relationship and...well..my whole life. I hope that I can follow in her footsteps as a mom. She is one strong lady. 

QOTW:  I hope that Callie will be open minded- even when she disagrees with the other perspective- I hope she will listen. I hope that she has a thick enough skin to make it through this world without crumbling but a soft enough heart to care (and do)  for others. 

Right now I'm dreading that our family may not be as united as I'd hoped. C's side seems to be having some issues with choices we are making for our daughter regarding  our Will and other legalities. C and I are sticking to our decisions (because they were painstakingly made and the best for OUR little family) and hoping that our stance will set a precedent that we are the parents. I just don't want our stance to discourage any snuggles for Callie.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

10 weeks 2 days today :)

I went to my first OB appointment so that was a nice milestone!  I no longer have to take progesterone, which is a huge relief.  So gross!!!

I won't have an ultrasound again until 20 weeks - which is good because it's normal, but I was spoiled by my RE letting me see the baby every couple weeks.  But I gather from most normal pregnancies they don't do many ultrasounds and assume all is going well if there aren't any crazy warning signs.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks so until then I'll keep chugging along!

• Options
    I'm at 7 weeks and still feeling pretty good. I heard this is when m/s usually kicks in but I still haven't really had any which is good. T's mom has been with us for a week now, and I appreciate her help with things but she's starting to drive me a bit batty with not letting bend over for anything or let me go get dog food. I like to be independent until things get tougher as the pregnancy progresses and she's making it really hard to do that. I tell her I can handle things but she won't listen. Blah :/.

QOTW: Hope- I hope this child has a lot more confidence in themselves than I did/do. Sometimes it was really difficult on me.

Dread - I kind of dread the day he or she asks why they don't have a dad. It's going to be a heavy conversation for sure, but we'll get through it.
    TTC History 
    First IUI: 7/7/2014 - 7/21/2014 BFP!!
    8/15/14 - 7 weeks 5 days EP :(

• Options
    I'll do our update today! We are 22w3d and moving right along! We have a midwife appointment tomorrow and another u/a on Thursday and things are a-okay! C has been getting sick less and less lately and the belly is definetly getting bigger! I love feeling little squints kick although sometimes I get impatient and frustrated. It's hard sometimes and I feel jealous that C can feel her but I can't!

QOTW- One thing I hope for Squints is that she has courage and can stand up for what she believes in! I want squints to be strong and have a little bit of healthy fear of the world to keep her grounded.

Something I dread for her is that people may judge her for these things. Today C got a not so nice text from her mom basically disapproving in the way C chooses to live his life...I am so angry I could spit nails but C is hurt and I want Squints to realize that some people are jerks and it's okay to still make the choices you want to make.

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

• Options
    Finally had my first OB appointment in the little one was measuring ahead at 10w5d as of Thursday.  The office now does the harmony(?) blood test for anyone who wants it so we could potentially find out the sex in about 10 days however opted to not be told until 24weeks.  I go in for the first look with the MFM on the 27th.  At which time I am hoping to be able to discuss p17 injections with her further.  They put in the request with my insurance to get the process started but I can still decide if I want to get them or not. 

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    @firstcomeslove2013 I love the way you worded what you said about how other people will think what they are going to think- and we just have to keep doing what is right for us/ourselves. 

That applies very much to some family stuff going down right now for C and myself too. I hope that I can instill that in our little one as well. It's ok to feel the hurt...to feel the anger. But to use your feelings to make you better, not bitter. 

You said things I needed to hear today. Thank you! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

6w4d today.  And m/s is kicking my butt.  I’m always feeling nauseous and I’m starting to have food aversions.  Jo was planning to pick up some premade potato/pasta salads for dinner tonight with our burgers, but I had to make sure she didn’t pick up he vinegar based ones.  Just the thought of them makes my stomach turn.

I feel like I’m eating all time to keep the nausea down.  The only big meal I eat is dinner, which is good which is good, but sucks at the same time since I am feeling so sick at work and only feel better once I’ve had my after work nap.  Not a fan! lol

Friday we go to Saskatoon for our first u/s!!  I am super excited about that.  I just want to see the baby and know it’s for sure real.

QOTD - Hope: that our LO will get to grow up living close to family. Being so far away from everyone is super tough and it would be nice to be back in Ontario so we are close to my Mom, or even in Nova Scotia, close to Jo’s family.

Dread: I dread the backlash we might get living in this small community.  It’s a military town, but it’s also an oil town.  So there are a lot of people that come to work, but have no plans to live here forever. There is a lot of crime here too.  It’s crazy!!

I'm 35, DW is 33
    Together since Dec 2007
    Married since 18 June 2011

TTC #1
    1st IUI - trigger, 9 July 14 at midnight, IUI - 11 July 14 at noon - BFP!!
    10 Dec 14 - Lost our Baby Girl to Hydrops & Cycstic Hygroma due to Turner Syndrome
    TTC #2
    2nd IUI - hoping to try for our Rainbow in the Spring
  • Options
    pauljl said:

@firstcomeslove2013 I love the way you worded what you said about how other people will think what they are going to think- and we just have to keep doing what is right for us/ourselves. 

That applies very much to some family stuff going down right now for C and myself too. I hope that I can instill that in our little one as well. It's ok to feel the hurt...to feel the anger. But to use your feelings to make you better, not bitter. 

You said things I needed to hear today. Thank you! 

I am so glad what I said resonated with you! Good luck...people can be such jerks and it's nice when we can find a place where we feel emotionally safe!

C began IUI's

• Options

Late as always

I am 32w5d. I am so over this. I am sore everywhere, the girls never stop moving and it isn't even cute anymore, just painful (glad I can feel them but it hurts). Everything is swelling and my 3 days a week traveling to the hospital/Dr kinda sucks. Can you tell I am ready to be done LOL. I know babies need to "bake" a little longer but I'm getting anxious

QOTW: what is one thing you really hope for your kids and one thing you really dread for them?

I really hope that my daughters have confidence to really understand who they are and how to be themselves. I hope they find joy in the small things and love deeply.  One thing I dread, the horrors and pain that people bring into the lives of others. I don't want them to feel the pain that I have known at the cruelty of others

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options

20 weeks tomorrow! 

This week, A bought our first piece of baby equipment (a baby bath I'm sure is too big for a newborn but I didn't want to spoil her fun - baby baths don't count as bringing furniture in too soon, right?)  and we had a scare when I came off my bike on a busy road during commute hour.  I was lucky that the car behind me was respecting bikes and giving me space. A fetched me and we went to the health centre to get checked out. Everything checks out ok, I was just a bit shaken and bruised.

Had our anomaly scan today and found out baby's sex (but we're going to sit on it for a few days, to enjoy just between us for a while)  It was especially comforting for both of us to see for ourselves that baby is alright after the accident (baby couldn't have chosen a more hair-raising week to ease off on the kicking) S/he is shy and kept trying to hide his/her face each time sonographer tried to take a peek.  The sonographer was very nice and even went and arranged an appointment with the consultant for us, since it's been taking a while.  When she slipped our pictures into the yellow book, we didn't realise until we got home that she had included six pictures when we had only paid for two #happydays

A's been enjoying the attention at work now that people are starting to hear we are having a baby.  She's the first openly gay woman at her job, so everything we get up to seems to be endlessly fascinating to them, lol.

We hope that our baby grows to be someone who is comfortable with themselves and that s/he will always know love and acceptance. And I don't know if it counts as answering the question, but our biggest fear is history repeating itself.  I am a strep B carrier. The reason I got checked in the first place was my sister's extremely premature birth and consequent death as a result of strep B colonisation. At 20 weeks, we are less than a month's duration from her birth and viability feels so far away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"