April 2015 Moms

5 weeks and showing!! 3rd preg

I'm sure it is mostly bloat and constipation, but my belly is rounded and I look pregnant! Many coworkers have asked if I am. This is my third pregnancy.. Is there anyone in the same situation?

Re: 5 weeks and showing!! 3rd preg

• My friend is pregnant with her 3rd and has a legit belly at 7 weeks. She's 9 weeks now and there's no more hiding.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know is bloat, but my belly is very rounded, which makes it look like a baby bump ;-) I have a large frame but prepregnancy my stomach is flat.
  • Sorry, it's just bloat.  It may look and feel like you are "showing" but baby is too tiny right now to push your stomach out like that.  I bet in a few days it will go down.  Try drinking more water.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• I know is bloat and I am drinking plenty of fluids!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I almost 6 weeks and yes its bloating but the bloating does make us look prego ;-)
  • I am 5 weeks with my third and so far there is nothing. I started out a little overweight, so hoping to keep on hiding the belly for at least my first trimester, although with my second I started showing at 10 weeks. I know it's just bloat. 
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I started showing early with my first, so I'm sure I'll start early with this one as well.  Even though I know it's just bloat right now, it's still kinda fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeahhhhh. The 'bloat' comments are clearly from people who never dealt with this in their first pregnancies. While it may indeed be just 'bloat', when you have this in 2nd, 3rd and more pregnancies, it doesn't go down. It's not like water weight that fluctuates.

Case in point my last pregnancy was my 4th, and I was in maternity pants around 6 weeks because my regular jeans wouldn't fit. Due to eating healthier I was actually losing weight throughout first tri, but my belly was getting bigger, and I was very obviously, noticeably pregnant by 8-9 weeks. The bump, be it belly or uterus, never got any smaller.

In short, the 'it's just bloat' comments are stupid because they are useless at the end of the day. Regardless of what's causing it, the belly does get bigger earlier in subsequent pregnancies, and no amount of comments like that is going to make anyone's pants fit better ;)
    Yeahhhhh, this comment is not going to go over well.  Nice try though.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Well if you can think of some constructive reason for telling someone that when they are just asking if anyone else is looking/feeling the same way I'd love to hear it. Belly or bloat, the end result is the same. Big deal.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• I'm on number 4. I see no difference in the way my clothes fit. I'm 5 weeks. I was at least 12 weeks into my last pregnancy before I needed maternity clothes last time. Your baby is the size of an apple seed, that doesn't take up much room. You will have a bump soon enough! Enjoy being able to see your toes while you can!
  • I'm 6 weeks (2nd pregnancy) and already took out the belly band. My pants will not button! Regardless of bloat, I still can't button my pants.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6 weeks and on baby #2. Super bloated as well. Regardless if it's belly or bloat, these work slacks aren't going to last long. Belly band is in my bear future. :) it's fun.
  • Im already "fluffy" before being pregnant so I had a hard time buttoning my pants already lol I live in yoga pants right now.... my first pregnancy I didn't find out until 8 weeks and I was in regular pants until like 2nd tri..... this time there is no way in hell im gettin in my khakis, i tried this morning and the "bloat induced" muffin top was not cute... I would bust out the maternity pants right now but Im not allowed to wear jeans at work ..... no one said anything about black yoga pants though :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've shown quicker with each pregnancy! I lost all of my weight in between as well- so sure it may be bloating but some of it has to be baby! I'm having a lot harder if a time hiding it at 5 weeks with #4!
  • This is my first pregnancy, and I am shocked at how fast I showed! The first picture is me at 5 weeks (one week after we found out I was pregnant), and the second is last week at 8 weeks...I am fully in maternity pants now! Is it normal to be this big already, when I didn't start out petite?
  • I have made the mistake of posting a new thread (and being told not to). I didn't think searching wasn't ok either! How else am I supposed to post if I can't do either?
  • I am "regular" and drinking tons of water and I still look totally pregnant at 11 weeks- bloat or not, it's just a fact. Wearing maternity pants since 6 weeks this time. With #1 I wasn't in mat clothes until 2nd tri even WITH bloat.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• greneyedmom19greneyedmom19 member
    edited September 2014
    didn't see that this was old haha it was at the top of this list!

• I'm sorry! I did read it, and thought it was ok to post. I'll make sure not to next time! :)
  • People are just rude....I'm on my 5th baby and after you've had multiple babies I'm sorry but your body just knows where it's supposed to go. Straight out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"