December 2014 Moms

Contraction Question

What do contractions feel like? I've been experiencing really bad stomach muscle pain the past couple days that hurts every time I stand up, sit down, etc. I have talked to my doctor twice this weekend and her nurse twice last week and they both think I pulled the muscles coughing, sneezing during my week long sinus infection. However, I am experiencing some lower back pain (right and left lower sides) that comes in waves. I don't have tightening of my abdomen or menstral cramp feelings, but all of a sudden I got nervous it could be contractions. I also have been having gas issues. Anyways, curious as to what contractions feel like from all those STM. And what round ligament pain feels like.

Re: Contraction Question

• For me contractions feel like a belt getting tighter and tighter around my abdomen and radiating down. With my first child it was the same feeling but more focused in my back because he was facing up instead of down.

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• MaineMama said:

For me contractions feel like a belt getting tighter and tighter around my abdomen and radiating down. With my first child it was the same feeling but more focused in my back because he was facing up instead of down.

That's a really really good description.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like pulled muscles and round ligament pain.

Contractions are usually pretty obvious because your whole belly/bump will get rock hard and it is a very tight squeezing feeling. I had labor pain in my back and hips/butt/upper thighs but that squeezing was unmistakable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"