Food Allergy

Okay, what is going on?

DD2 has been allergic to dairy forever.  When she was a baby, we avoided it, after she tested positive at age 1, she didn't get any.  Eventually we worked it back in and I would say by age 2 she was back on regular cheese, sour cream, milk, etc with no regards whatsoever to her allergy.  And she seemed fine (got really bad eczema before).  About 2 weeks ago, she was helping me to crack eggs into brownies.  She is allergic to eggs and they have always made her stomach hurt if she eats them so we avoid them.  Well she cracked the egg on her leg instead of in the cup and within a few minutes was covered in hives.  A few days later, she had a few sips of chocolate milk and got hives on her lip.  Now today she had a slice of cheese and got hives on her lip and was really upset because they 'hurt'.  Any ideas what is going on?  She starts preschool in a few weeks and I need to know how aggressive to go with her allergies.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Okay, what is going on?

• I think you need to see your allergist and get a blood draw, and avoid eggs and dairy in the meantime.  Do you already have an action plan with the school?
  • I agree with seeing your allergist. However, my daughter who is 27 months just had a very similar reaction to raw egg on her skin. We had her tested and sure enough, mild agg allergy. She can do eggs in baked goods, but not raw. We have yet to try something like scrambled eggs where they are only egg but cooked. I wonder if maybe her reaction to the eggs sparked a hypersensitivity or something. Now her body knows how to react so its going to react to the old allergens as well? Just a though.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"