Secondary IF
Options

Ugh, meds are driving me (and my cycles) nuts!

I apologize for posting so much about Clomid! I'm driving myself nuts over here. All along, I've had "regular" cycles, with positive O result around days 19-23, with AF arriving pretty much 2 weeks after, making my cycles last anywhere from 30-35 days or so. In April and May I was on 50mg Clomid with no success, and in June 50mg Clomid with Ovidrel trigger with no success. July I decided to do med free. On 7/25, I got a positive O result. While I know that kits only predict a surge and don't guarantee the O, I did feel all the typical O symptoms that I always do (and again, I've never had any issues of O'ing on my own). Here I am today at CD37 and no AF. I felt it strong yesterday, but today not so much. I know I am not pregnant bc I had a blood draw and the nurse called to say my Beta was pretty much below 1, so basically I couldn't be any more NOT pregnant (nice of her to say right?!). I'm not 14dpo at CD37 and I've never had a cycle go past CD34 without starting AF. Is Clomid to blame? Should I be concerned about this? The RE office wasn't much help when I called. If I don't get it by Monday I'm going in for a full hormone panel to see exactly where I am in the cycle. I know sometimes meds are necessary, but it's giving me Anxiety!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ugh, meds are driving me (and my cycles) nuts!

• Options
    What is your usual LP? This was a natural cycle, right? It's totally possible that you geared up to O and Oed later, I guess you can go with that theory. My RE believes any pregnancy that happens after a medicated cycle (no matter how far out you are from treatment) is a result of residual meds in your system, but I think that's just because fucking REs try to take credit for EVERYTHING. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That was sort of a rant ^^ lol What I'm saying is, the RE thinks the meds can stay in your system for the rest of your natural life, meaning the Clomid could potentially be screwing with you and throwing things off now 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What is your usual LP? This was a natural cycle, right? It's totally possible that you geared up to O and Oed later, I guess you can go with that theory. My RE believes any pregnancy that happens after a medicated cycle (no matter how far out you are from treatment) is a result of residual meds in your system, but I think that's just because fucking REs try to take credit for EVERYTHING. 
    Haha I'm on the same rant! My usual LP has been 12-14 days. I am 14dpo today (well, only according to when I tested positive on OPK. I didn't temp so I can't be totally positive about that), but I am really not feeling crampy or anything. I know for sure I'm not pregnant based on the blood work, so now I'm just plain annoyed that the residual meds may have screwed me up. Since I know I'm not pregnant I just want AF to come already so I can move onto the next cycle! If I don't get it by Monday, I'm going into the RE office for a full blood workup so they can see exactly where I am cycle wise and hopefully explain (and fix) it! For over a year that I've been TTC, my cycles have always been 30-34 days, today is 37 so I'm just irritated.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    my cycles are longer on clomid. they run about 30-34 days naturally (that's after years of being completely irregular and not even having a PPP for about 10 months). I took clomid last month and AF didn't come until day 39. No +OPK this month either. DH swore I was KU---  I took many FRERs which said otherwise and with no symptoms I knew we weren't KU. 
  • Options
    Ugh, it's so frustrating! I ended up getting AF after 39 days this time around as well. I did get a +OPK back on CD22, but the long cycle overall annoys me. I knew I wasn't KU as well, since I had blood work done. At that point I just wanted AF to come so I could move on already!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"