September 2013 Moms
Options

Share your craft projects

From reading the birthday threads, seems like we have lots of crafty ladies on here. What's everyone working on for 1st birthday crafts? Or any other crafty projects that are non-birthday related. Pictures please!

Ps- I'm terribly non-crafty, so I have nothing to share, but I'd love to see what everybody else is doing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Share your craft projects

• Options
    I made 2 banners so far just on my work computer with Paint and a color printer. I plan to add glitter to the star one and string them both up. I know my desk is a mess!!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made the tutu, "customized" onesie, hair bow organizer, and just bought the supplies to make her a sensory color book I found on Pinterest. Joann's had super cute FOE elastic on sale so I bought three different designs to make head bands for LO. So far only made the soccer one so she can be in style at practices.

@ejb23 how are you going to connect the banner pieces? I wanted to make one to go around the high chair but can't use a sewing machine for the life of me!

image   image   image     image

Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @soccermom11‌ the triangle ones I will fold the top over and tape the back on some twine that I have. The stars I will either just use twine and tape or maybe hang vertically with some clear like fishing wire or something.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options
    Wow, nice work ladies!

@annarose112‌ how did you make the chalkboard sign? Did you hand write all of that? I was going to order for LOs bday as well, but yours looks great!

• Options
    Everyone's crafts are so CUTE!!!
  • Options
    Stupid question do you have to own a photoshop software or can you use it web based for free @annarose

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Well, the banner I plan on making (but haven't even started) is looking like small beans right now! I printed her invitations (that I got on etsy) and sent them... That has to count for something, right?

• Options
    So proud of my invites!! Working on a banner, and some cute centerpieces.
  • Options
    Um you guys are awesome! I'm sooo not crafty, but i'm particularly talented at ordering from Etsy (well apart from the time that etsy fired me...but we won't talk about that...)

@annarose82‌ and @jojo1122 and anyone else that did the chalkboard things: i'm ordering mine from etsy (shocker) but how are you displaying it? Are you putting it in a big frame of sorts? I want to have it out at her party. 
  • Options
    I like the recipe holder idea. Although the room we are using has fabric boards so I may pin it on the wall behind one of the food or cake tables.
  • Options
    Brennadaun haha well let's say that me and a designer didn't see eye to eye. She thought that correcting a typo and a non legible font for a first round of revisions would take her away from her family and she wanted me to buy as is or pay more. I disagreed. She canceled my order and fired me. 
  • Options
    I've been doing a few crafts for the showers I have coming up and for DD's birthday party. I can't post pictures because it has or personal information on it but I've made invites for 1 shower and the birthday party and I made a chalk board for the birthday. If o can figure out how to hide our info I'll post some. I'm also making more things that I'll be able to post when I get done.
  • Options
    Here's my chalkboard
  • Options
    lilqt3929lilqt3929 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm late to this one but I have to say seeing this thread has kick started me in LO's birthday planning. I've decided on a Minnie Mouse theme and am trying to DIY almost everything. Just today I have started her birthday banner, it is a work in progress still. I have also made a few of the paper roses that @annarose82 posted.

ETA: sorry for the upside down picture, I'm not sure how to fix it.
  • Options
    Here is DD's invite and a couple of banners I've made for my sister's bridal shower. I may use the rag banner for the birthday party too.

Please excuse our mess in some of the pictures.
  • Options
    I work best under a crunch and since LO's bday party is this Saturday, I of course just started all the crafts this week... Her theme is pink, white, gray polka Dots with some chevron in there.

Here's the center pieces for the picnic tables. Super easy idea: mason jars with ribbon hot glued to them filled with that gift basket paper, then little happy birthday/birthday girl/1 medallions hot glued to craft sticks and then a picture from her birthday pics glued to a craft stick!
    I found the medallions online for free on a great site called Gaddie and toad.

This was a Pinterest idea of pics from her first year in the shape of a one taped to poster board and will hang at the pavilion:

Also free from Gaddie and toad, I printed letters to make her banner :

I also have to have her chalk board sign printed and the chalk board "Dalenna's first birthday" direction sign that I made on Adobe printed!

• Options
    Thanks @annarose82 it was so much fun!! :) Now to take down the decorations... it's only been a week. Lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Legitsince86 I love thethe face cut ous, what a fun idea!
  • Options
    Thanks @annarose82‌ !! @sugarkissed‌ everything looked spectacular!! You were the one who led me to the polka dot idea, so great minds think alike lol :D

• Options
    @jlp0528 It's such a fun theme! Everyone was going on about how creative I am... when in reality you can buy EVERYTHING with dots on it. Haha. Have fun this weekend!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @sugarkissed‌ !! For anyone who was wanting the free printable bAnner site, it is actually called Gaddie and tood, not toad!!

Also, non birthday craft I made for Dalenna's door, Pinterest idea of course.

Super easy to make: made with a wooden "D" my aunt got for Dalenna's first bday shoot, painted pink with leftover paint from D's walls, Modge podge layer over the paint then another layer and the silver letters (had leftover from a project from our wedding) pressed down, hot glued the ribbon to tie and the flowers bought at mixhaels. And voila!!

• Options
    Centerpiece and year of firsts chalkboard poster for next week's birthday party
  • Options
    We did a Minnie Mouse 1st birthday party for LO with a mix of some bought decorations and some DIY. Here's a few decorations we used. The happy birthday banner is not finished in the attached picture but ultimately it had one more minnie mouse after the "1st" and I also added a few pink ribbon bows at the beginning and the end of the banner. I also made a banner with her monthly pictures that I've been taking of her that I simply just hung up on a ribbon with mini clothespins that I glued mini pink ribbon bows onto (sorry no picture on mobile).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"