2nd Trimester

bump shrinking!?

jnedenjneden member
edited August 2014 in 2nd Trimester
I'm 17 weeks 4 days and my bump is smaller. I measured it on 7/30 for a bridesmaid's fitting and it was 34" around. It felt smaller the last couple days so I checked again today and it's only 32". Anyone else experience this or have any explanations? I'm thinking it's because of bloating or position of the baby but my PGAL brain is creeping in and I'm nervous. Also, I haven't felt movement yet. With DD I'm pretty sure I had already felt something. Could use some advice/reassurance. Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: bump shrinking!?

• Every time I haven't gone #2 for a couple of days or had more to eat/drink my bump seems bigger, then it shrinks back down. No reason to freak out. This is like obsessively weighing yourself daily or more and freaking out over every oz up/down...
  • In addition to what PP have said I notice my bump is bigger when my back and abs are tired. After I go to the gym or am very active over the day I swear I look a month more pregnant but then the next morning its smaller again.
  • Loading the player...
  • In the morning my bump is so tiny- I'm 19 weeks.  By the end of the night its bigger. Mine fluctuates from day to day.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • also remember that you as baby grows thnings spread and find more room.  Your bely grows out, but it also grows  around and up.  it is possible some things have shifted inside a bit making more room for the baby - which can make your bump look smaller.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• My bump is always smaller in the morning before I eat anything.

Also with FTMs especially (not sure if you are or not), it is normal not to really show until ~20 weeks or even later. I was so excited for my "bump" at around 15 or 16 weeks, but looking back on it I was just bloated.

I would casually bring this question up with my OB if it really concerns you that much.
  • Well I mean - the baby certainly didn't GO anywhere :) things shift.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I figured it was probably the baby changed positions but after experiencing a loss every time something changes in my pregnancy it totally freaks me out. Glad to know some of your bumps fluctuate in size as well. 

@dragonmom35 was just asking in case some of you have experienced the same thing. I do plan on checking with my OB at my next appointment.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"