Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

16 weeks- bad night!!!

What is a 4 month wakefulness and could my daughter be going through it? What can i do? I put her to bed at 8:30. She woke up at 9 and was up until 11:30 ( I was rocking her and trying to get her to sleep the entire time) she slept again from 11:30-1:15am. I rocked her to sleep until 4:30am! It was a lot of work! She then slept from 4:30-7:30. She nursed soooooooo much last night. Is there anything I can do to help her sleep through the night? I go back to work Wednesday. She is 16 weeks old.

Re: 16 weeks- bad night!!!

• Options
    flclflcl member
    Google it... there's a lot of information out there on this topic.  Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do but ride it out.  If you have a SO, work together on how you can maximize sleep for everyone while tending to LO's needs.  If that means you need to rock/nurse/walk her to sleep, that's what you do.  Hang in there, the worst of it lasted 2 weeks for us.
  • Options
    Thanks! I do feel like it is normal. My husband just keeps telling me that something is wrong.  I have this argument with him regularly.  He has been the one working so I have been spending the nights and early mornings with her when she wakes up.  Now I am going back to work Wed, and he is staying home with her during the days (and working at night.) So he said he would be on the night shift, when she wakes up.  The problem is.. he isn't a morning person and he gets frustrated easily.  He keeps thinking something is wrong with her and I keep telling him that I have been doing this for 3 months.  Not every night was a bad one but there have been some really bad nights. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for that idea!  After we are up for a longggg time, I give up and nurse her to sleep in my bed.  But I'm not exactly sure how you safely bed share, so my husband moves her after about 30 mins of deep sleep.  Then, she wakes up like an hour later across the house. I will look it up!
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    @kmdendy: hopefully mamabear's suggestion will come in handy.  Co-sleeping/bedsharing was something we did regularly during that time, it helped all of us get more sleep.  Hang in there, my H wasn't the most supportive during the 4MW.  It's amazing what sleep deprivation can do to the most patient people!
  • Options
    Thanks!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"