Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long are you going to wait to try to conceive again?

I know a lot of our losses are super fresh and we are all still healing or just beginning the healing process. If you have thought about, how many cycles are you going to wait to try to conceive again? I really want to start trying after one cycle (that is what my doctor recommends), but I am so worried and really don't want to go through this again. It has been very difficult for me emotionally, but I really want to start my family. How long are you going to wait to try to conceive again?

Re: How long are you going to wait to try to conceive again?

• Options
    As soon as my doctor gives me the okay we are going to start trying again. I've heard in TTCAL that they say when the want of another baby is greater than the fear of losing another is when you are ready. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks! That does help and I think it is so true.  Did your doctor give you a timeline (one, two, or three cycles)?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I waited two cycles after my loss earlier this year (a d&c). This past cycle was an earlier m/c, but I haven't met yet with my OB, but I plan to follow his recommendations. I'm hoping it will only be a couple of cycles again. I chart with my basal body temperature, so I will only starts TTC once my temps have regulated.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    **siggy warning**

We were told to wait one cycle. I am currently waiting for my period in the next few weeks *hopefully* and then will be trying again.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Options
    I'm going to wait one cycle, per docs rec, and then try again.
    Me - 35 DH - 41
    TTC 06.03.2013 
    BFP 06.15.2014  EDD 02.25.2015  MMC 07.07.2014 Miso 07.18.2014 
                                                                 August TTCAL Siggy Challenge : WTF Tattoos
    image     image
  • Options
    lovesmonkeylovesmonkey member
    edited August 2014
    I am waiting 2 cycles post D&C per doctor recommendation. We had been trying for 21 months prior to our BFP, so we are going to use some of our benched time to meet with an RE and do some testing. I won't truly try until I feel at ease, so this timeline is just an estimate and if I need some extra time emotionally I will take it.
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• Options
    Jenspin73 said:

Thanks! That does help and I think it is so true.  Did your doctor give you a timeline (one, two, or three cycles)?

I go on the 20th for my follow-up and I'll find out then.
  • Options
    My doctor said 3 months, with my previous mc, my doctor said 2. I've read a lot about how physically its fine to try after 1 month, and you are more fertile and less likely to miscarry in the first 6 months following a miscarriage. All that being said, we will definitely wait at least one month, and I'm still considering being 1 and done.
  • Options
    My doctor recommended three cycles but when I went to my follow up I asked if we could start trying again and she said that it would be fine. I had just started the 2nd cycle after my miscarriage. Three cycles later and we're still not pregnant yet. If I had waited this would have been my first cycle trying so really it wouldn't have mattered either way for us.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    as SOON as my doctor gives us the go ahead im trying again...i do believe trying again and possibly/prayerfully becoming pregnant again will help with this pain...sitting here feeling helpless and focusing on the loss isnt helping me at all. Im ready to try again!!!

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Options
    DH and I are trying again now. We waited 1 cycle, but mostly because I wasn't emotionally ready that cycle. With our first lost, I think we waited 1 cycle then too. It is scary, and once you get that BFP, it doesn't stop being scary, but I refuse to let fear run my life.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    fawn92fawn92 member
    edited August 2014
    My doctor also told me one cycle, but mentioned that it could take 1-3 months before I have a my first period after the loss. 
    My husband would like to start trying right away (well as soon as I feel ready, he would never pressure me to start before I feel ready). The soonest we will try is October given that I've had a period of course. (I just mc on Monday) 
    i thought I'd be ok to start TTC again by then but then today I got thinking about it and the recent loss just completely overwhelmed me. I love what  @Mills0401 said about when the "want of another baby is greater than the fear of losing another is when you are ready" I'm definitely not there yet. 
  • Options
    I asked my OB to explain the differences and was told that 1 cycle is appropriate for a natural or medically induced miscarriage. However, 2 cycles is recommended after a D&C as it gives you more time to get your uterus' lining back to normal. But doctors tend to vary so I would do whatever you were advised since everyone's bodies are different.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• Options

My doc told me to wait 3 months. My husband is scared to death to try again. I would start again today if I could.

Me: 31 DH:28

BFP: July 6 2014. Ectopic discovered at 7 weeks. TTC since February 2014

• Options
    I recently miscarried at 5w3d and my doctor told me "on paper" he recommends waiting one cycle but that if it happens sooner it is okay if I am emotionally ready.
  • Options
    I have spoken with several people in the last week who actually got pregnant two weeks later so I am hoping it happens soon again for me and for all of us!
  • Options
    My doctor said one cycle which, *fingers crossed* will be over in about 10 days. We plan on trying again right away.
  • Options
    We want to try ASAP. I go to the doctor at the end of the month to get an OKAY! hopefully my cycle comes before or shortly after that.
  • Options
    I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in July followed by D&C.  My doctor said to wait 2 cycles, but we weren't super careful, and I ended up with a chemical pregnancy this week.  So now we have decided to really take a break and will pick back up in January. Perhaps 2015 can be our year of the baby.  Decided I am going to focus on home decorating and getting back in to running in the meantime.  I need to be distracted since I am so obsessed with wanting to be pregnant currently.
  • Options
    I've now had 3 (just found out yesterday that our little guy was gone :(:( ). After my 2nd one, I absolutely could not bear to be pregnant or go through another miscarriage. It took at least 3 months before I could fathom doing it again. My miscarriages were "natural" and the bleeding lasted over a month for both--this is just as traumatic as the initial loss, as far as I am concerned. After this one actually is physically resolved, I anticipate going for it again when the doc says it is safe. However, if you are simply not ready, don't push yourself until it feels right. I'm going D&C route this time. There is NO WAY I am going through prolonged bleeding like that again.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I had a D&C in May and was told to wait one cycle. 28 days after the D&C I bled for 4 days and on CD12 started bleeding again for 12 more days. Miraculously I got pregnant again a week or so after that bleeding ended.
    It turned out to be a chemical pregnancy though. I'm not sure if it had to do with my uterine lining being weak after the D&C.
    We will wait one cycle this time too. But the waiting sucks.
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    My doctor said I need to wait till my levels are 0. Then I also need to wait for 1 cycle. We are going to try again as soon as we get the all clear. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to wait.
    My doctor said realistically it could take a minimum of 3 months.
  • Options
    Since I was on the Nuvaring for 8 years, my doctor was pretty clear for me to wait three cycles. She wants to give my ute time to rebuild and shed at least three times so it can be ready to support a baby.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    Answers on this post are very encouraging. Our loss is less than 1 week old, but as each day goes by I am leaning more towards trying again in 2-3 months.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• BFP #1 6/19/2014, EDD 2/21/2015, MC 9/14/2014 (17 weeks) possibly due to IC
    • BFP #2 1/31/2015, EDD 10/10/2015
  • Options
    @4n6s Please be careful with bumping up old posts. There is a thread at the top of the board about zombie threads you should read. 

Thanks for respecting our members.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I'm still "pregnant" now, I'm waiting to naturally miscarry but if nothing happens in a week, I'm doing a D&C. I'm working with an RE so she said I only have to wait one cycle - until my hcg levels are below 5. Time is of the essence for me since I'm "older" so as scared as I am to experience another loss, I'm ready to get this show on the road again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    Whoops, sorry - didn't realize this was a zombie thread or I wouldn't have posted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    We'll wait and start on the second cycle hopefully - my doctor said to let the first cycle pass without trying. I have an appointment in October to meet w/the fertility doctor thought to discuss a game plan after the loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options
    Did you miscarry naturally or did you have to have a D&C? I have wondered if my HCG levels were still + but they keep telling me that since I had the procedure that the only thing that is going on now is that my body is regulating back and that it will take a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"