One & Done: Only child

Great article

I am not sure if this has been posted but I came across this article.

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-if-abc-news/what-if-everyone-had-one-child-130945952.html

our one and only *

DS - 2011

Re: Great article

• AgoAgo member
    Oh the frenzy that would ensue if I posted this on FB. >:)
    OMG, do it!
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• I do like how the article is trying to destigmatize (don't care if that's not a word, I'm using it anyway) the only child factor. However, I think it's getting too reproductive control for me since the number of kids someone wants is a personal choice/choice of the couple that no one, particularly the government, should have a say in. IDK, I guess I'm pretty mixed with this one.
    I understand your point, it is everyone's choice but the article is merely trying to show how different things would be if everyone could only have one child.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I am torn too.  I get a little weird about, "There is only one right and good way to do things", even if it supports my life choices :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"