Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

my 13 month old is always sick

My daughter is 13 almost 14 months. Ever since she was about 2 months old she has been constantly been sick. Runny snotty nose, Bronchiolitis, fevers, ear infections, etc. it's always something. I've tried talking to the doctor about it many times, but i'm always getting blown off. With things like well she has older siblings. They aren't ever sick. My other 2 children were in daycare from 6 weeks old and were never as sick as she has been. has anyone else been or is experiencing this? I'm lost as to what to do. Thanks for any help.

Re: my 13 month old is always sick

• Options
    My daughter had major illness issues as well. Turns out her adenoids were majorly enlarged, and needed to come out. After the surgery, she has not had a single symptom of congestion, snottiness, coughing, etc. I would reccommend seeing a pediatric ENT or at least talking to your pediatrician about a referral. I was scared for her to have surgery, but it has been life-changing for us and her.

She is almost 14 months too...
  • Options
    She has been to the pulmonologist already back in April and nothing came out of that. :( Have not taken to her an ENT yet. I know the pediatrician has said something about her tonsils being large, but they keep giving me excuses for them to wait before doing anything. She was born with Rh Incompatibility which caused severe jaundice, anemia, and low blood sugar. I asked if that could mess with her immune system, but they say no. So i guess i might wait until her 15 month check up to bring it back up or go ahead and make an appointment with an ENT.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD was constantly sick from about 6 months. Near constant ear infections, bouts with bronchiolitis, and constant thick green snot. Pedi blamed it on daycare. Ear tube surgery did nothing. At about 13 months we finally gave up cows milk, and it has been practically miraculous. I guess for some kids, cows milk causes excess mucus. The constant mucus kept leading to the ear infections and congestion. Eliminating dairy for a couple of weeks just to see can't hurt anything. We started to notice an improvement in the mucus within three days.
  • Options
    Try an allergist/ immunologist. LO could have an immune deficiency.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She was having issues before we introduced milk. I don't drink it so when i was breastfeeding she didn't get any milk.but it wouldn't hurt to try now. When it was winter the drs said to wait until spring and she should be better. I waited until summer and she was still getting sick they then blamed it on her having older siblings why she was getting sick. So there was always an excuse for why she was getting sick all the time and they just keep telling me to wait
  • Options

IT could be something in the house. My mother and father smoked in the house when I had my son (I was 16) he always had ear infections and other issues. Once we moved out he is rarely sick, So maybe its something like that. Maybe shes allergic to the cat or dog, or something you use to clean with, ect.

The other side to it is that some kids just get sick more often. She could just not be able to fight off the germs as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"