Baby Showers

What Would You Do - Out Of State Invite

A few years ago, I was invited to a wedding of a friend (someone I knew through work, who had moved out of state. Not super close.) I couldn't go, re: they lived out of state.  I didn't send a gift. Maybe I should have. Not my question.  6 months ago, I had a baby.  The couple knew about it, asked for my address, and sent me a nice congratulations card.  I thanked them for the sentiment.  They are now pregnant, and last week I received an invite to the shower...out of state, with a request for a pack of diapers and a book.  So, they are JUST asking me for a gift, right?  There's no feasible way for me to attend this shower, especially with a 6 month old. So this is just a straight up gift request, I think?  Should I just send a congrats card as they did to me?  Are they pissed I didn't send a wedding gift 4 years ago?  Ugh. Confused. 

Re: What Would You Do - Out Of State Invite

• Agree with PP. I would just send a nice card as well. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't send a gift, don't spend another second thinking about it, done!
  • I don't think anybody can say for sure they only sent you an invitation for a gift, however if you don't want to send one, don't send one. Are you upset that they only sent you a card?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mommy5point0 yeah I sort of thought that as well.  

Samiantha101 no, opposite.  I love that they thought to send me a card, because we aren't that close and they live out of state. I just think it's weird to get an invite to a shower I could not possibly attend and am not that close with... 

Whatevs. I'm sending a card and something under $10. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"