February 2014 Moms

AMA inluv4life2

inluv4life2inluv4life2 member
edited August 2014 in February 2014 Moms

Entertain me! I drank a huge black tea at 4pm. Not getting to bed any time soon...

I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!

Re: AMA inluv4life2

• How do you feel about oxford commas?
    I can take 'em or leave 'em. :-B Actually, I rarely use them because we don't use them for my work writing (AP style).

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I swear I used paragraphs!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Favorite thing to wear? For what occasion?

I always wear my diamond stud earrings. DH gave them to me the Christmas after dd was born and it was a huge surprise. They aren't huge and didn't cost a fortune but it's one if the very few times he surprised me w a gift. And he's a practical gift guy so that made them extra special. I never take them off so all occasions!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Favorite type of tea?

How do you take your coffee?

Fave Starbucks drink (if you go there)?

I Iove anything by Mighty Leaf brand but I'm partial to black or white teas. . Tazo Joy tea at Christmas is a winner, too. Earl grey is my least favorite. It smells. :(

I like coffee flavor but drinking it hurts my stomach so I only do blended coffee drinks or coffee ice cream (homemade pls!).

I get an awake tea latte at Starbucks for hot or a passion tea lemonade for cold. (And a pink cake pop!)

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Favorite restaurant?

Oh my. I'm not sure I can choose! I am so thankful to live in a place with so much diversity in culture and food. I also love that you can eat on a patio almost everyday of the year.
    Some of my faves are:
    Viggiluccis, The Flying Pig, The Yellow Deli, urbn pizza, la especial Norte, Fidel's, Swamis, and the "Papas" brand of restaurants (in Texas)

Fave chain is Panera or chipotle.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Since you decided to bring the AMA's up again (good idea) What question are you most looking forward to answering? What is the question you're hoping no one would ask? And then....answers please!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • What do you do for a living?  

What are your best and worst qualities?
  • Toilet paper: over or under?

Worst movie you've ever seen?

Describe your dream house.
  • Favorite type of underwear?

Do you prefer fans or AC?

Would you rather have to lick a frog or hold a snake for 3 minutes?
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since you decided to bring the AMA's up again (good idea) What question are you most looking forward to answering? What is the question you're hoping no one would ask? And then....answers please!
    I hope someone will ask me my favorite quote - It's one from Conan O'Brien (and you already know this if you follow me on IG) but it is "If you work really hard and are kind, amazing things will happen." I truly believe this!

I can't think of anything I hope no one will ask. I'm an open book! :)

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • I'm very excited you are doing an AMA.  I see you post all the time, but don't feel like we really know each other.

1.  Favorite breakfast?

2. Dream weekend pre-LO? Dream weekend with LO?

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Foreign language(s) you speak? Would like to speak? Best/Worst movie you've seen? If you could be a famous person for a day, who'd you be and why?

I speak a little Spanish, just enough to help someone at the counter at work. Would love to speak Spanish fluently. It would be very helpful since a huge percentage of the population in SoCal speaks Spanish.

Best movie - My favorite all time movie is Bridget Jones Diary. (DS is named Colin  sort of after Colin Firth!) Worst - I Heart Huckabies.

If I could be a famous person, I think I would pick Michelle Obama. I'd love to see life from her eyes and since I love government, history and politics I would want to know how everything works. Plus, her arms are amazing! I could know her workout routines and then pretend to do them when I return to myself. (I wouldn't actually do them, most likely, because lazy.)

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Meghan14 said:
    I'm very excited you are doing an AMA.  I see you post all the time, but don't feel like we really know each other.

1.  Favorite breakfast?

2. Dream weekend pre-LO? Dream weekend with LO?
    I love breakfast food! My best would be a good egg scramble with all the veggies, one pancake, bacon and crispy yet mushy in the middle hashbrowns. A giant cup of strong black tea with honey.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • I forgot one of my pet peeves. People who leave a voicemail saying "call me, I have a question" but don't say what they need to ask. Often I have to research or check into the answer and of people would just say what they need I could find out and only have to call them back once!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • I forgot one of my pet peeves. People who leave a voicemail saying "call me, I have a question" but don't say what they need to ask. Often I have to research or check into the answer and of people would just say what they need I could find out and only have to call them back once!

Yes! I get such anxiety from these kind of calls.

Coke or Pepsi?

What are your favorite physical and mental things about your H?

What traits of yours do you hope your kids inherit?

Diet coke!

His eyes are so deep and beautiful. My daughter got those, for sure. While LO has my eyes, I think. DH is also the kindest person - and treats me and others with respect. He's got a gentle spirit and he's hilarious!

I hope they get Brian's smarts, eyes, kind heart, and athleticism. I hope they get my enthusiasm for life, wit, optimism, and resilience.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • carleys said:

What's your favorite family tradition? Is there a new one you'd like to start with LO?

What's your ideal family vacation?

I love that dance in the kitchen on Friday nights. I love breakfast in bed in your birthday. We have lots of Christmas traditions, too but the other two are my fave.

I'd love to rent a lake house or beach house and just "be". Just relaxing with my family playing games and laughing is perfect to me.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • sjelwood said:

Favorite and least favorite trend from the past decade?

Favorite thing to dress LO in?

Adult rompers/one pieces are pretty much the worst. Favorite thing is the turn of the dress! I love dresses and for a while it seemed like no one wore them.

Well, I admit it was more fun to dress dd because girl clothes have so many options but I love to dress DS in little tiny "man clothes". I'm looking for a a baby suit (pants & suspenders) for him to wear to my brothers wedding. Ridiculous yet adorable.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Hey, I just wanted to say that there aren't enough love tits in the entire world for me to express how much I love that you picked Eleanor Roosevelt as your person you'd want to meet.  I am so glad you did an AMA.  I knew you were someone I should get to know better!

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• elf828 said:

What's your favorite room in your house? What room do you wish you could renovate?

LOs room is my favorite because it's the most recently done. I'm so freaking proud if of how it turned out. And I love rocking him and enjoying the peace in there.

DDs room is cute, too but I have some things I want to change in there. I always lived in apartments growing up and we moved a lot so I never put things on the walls or was allowed to paint. I'm still learning how to decorate and want to redo basically all my rooms with the kitchen being the highest priority.

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Meghan14 said:

Hey, I just wanted to say that there aren't enough love tits in the entire world for me to express how much I love that you picked Eleanor Roosevelt as your person you'd want to meet.  I am so glad you did an AMA.  I knew you were someone I should get to know better!

Thanks lady!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • For sure! @elf828‌ you are up!

Thanks all it's been fun!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"